[symphonic/hybrid] Dawn of Fate

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

this is my latest creation, using EWQL (soundsonline), GuitarRig, Serum synths and some sporadic Loom synth:
https://soundcloud.com/pal_zoltan_illes ... soundtrack

thanks for your time,
p.

Great track! I love the electric guitar that comes in somewhere around the 1:40 mark and then again later on. The buzzing synth in the first 40 seconds, I liked a bit less, as it kind of overwhelmed the other sounds in the mix (to my ear, anyhow). Later in the piece, it mixes better. On the whole, a fun, energetic piece and an enjoyable listening experience!

Thanks David for your continuous listening and feedback! Much appreciated!
Haha, well, regarding the synths, this was like, I've just finished an 8 track series of the first cycle of Silmarilli tracks where I was using almost only classical instruments and this is the first where I got back to the hybrid / fusion stuff and I was in favor of using heavier synths impacting more on the overall profile of the track. A bit overwhelming indeed at the first round, modern sounding :) By the way it's the great Serum wavetable synths used. Maybe I'll go a bit less heavy on using them later in my other hybrid tracks, as my first focus is rather the symphonic flavor, and a bit of electronic and rock here an there :)

and indeed, it was meant to be an energetic, uplifting piece, i was quite inspired by some happy personal life happenings in my family, and this track is a track to symbolize this time of my life. :)

I can definitely understand the impulse to highlight the synths a bit more when you've been working with more traditional orchestral sounds recently. :)

And I'm glad to hear that you've had some happy events in your personal life. It definitely comes through in the music!

This track is pretty awesome. Guitars sound a little too buzzy for me but the composition itself as well as everything else just sounds great!

Thanks @Camer138 Much appreciated! I was hesitant when choosing the distortion of the guitar, which could fit the symphonic settings without disrupting too much. It's somewhere in the middle, a bit noisy probably. If it ever goes production somewhere i'll reconsider. Thanks for the feedback!

Return to “Music Cafe”