Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence (Ontic Depth Bootleg)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everybody.

I'd like to share a new bootleg I finished recently. I'm a fan of Lana Del Rey's 'Ultraviolence' and so I figured I'd try to make a bit of a darker, more underground bootleg for the clubs. Genre-wise, I'd say it's on the progressive side of techno. Here's how it turned out:

https://soundcloud.com/onticdepth/lana- ... th-bootleg

Available as a free download.

Any feedback, including advice for future tracks, is appreciated!

Cheers!
Last edited by ontic.depth on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:33 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Going to give this one (and only one) bump for anybody who missed it the first time around. Thanks for all the listens!

I think her vocal delivery and style lends itself to darker interpretations, so this worked out quite well. I really liked the percussion on here, particularly when the double speed hats came in at 1:31. Nice work with the wub synth too. I would prefer this to be even darker, but that probably wouldn't go down so well in a club situation.

Good work :)

love it!

dw

seismic1 wrote:I think her vocal delivery and style lends itself to darker interpretations, so this worked out quite well. I really liked the percussion on here, particularly when the double speed hats came in at 1:31. Nice work with the wub synth too. I would prefer this to be even darker, but that probably wouldn't go down so well in a club situation.

Good work :)
Big thanks for the comments dude! I agree that a darker interpretation could have worked as well. I tried to use the bassline to keep the track on the techno side but also balance out the sound with the main synth stabs (which obviously 'lighten' the tune).
dusted william wrote:love it!

dw
Can't complain about a remark like this lol. Cheers!

Return to “Music Cafe”