1986 (My 80's inspired song with Access Virus)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This song takes you back to the summer of 1986.

At least that's what i hoped.

Anyway, here's the ingredient.

FL Studio + Studio One

Maschine
Plugsound Pro
Access Virus

Slate's Plugin
Ozone
Equality
Pro-C

https://soundcloud.com/xamido/1986a
musisikamar.com

Great track and yes, it's mid-'80s style. :-)
I particularly like the part where the lead and bass are playing the same line together (starting at 2:11).
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Timfonie wrote:Great track and yes, it's mid-'80s style. :-)
I particularly like the part where the lead and bass are playing the same line together (starting at 2:11).
Thanks for listening. :hug:
musisikamar.com

The music is quite good. However, I think there's a lot of room for improvement on the mix and mastering. It sounds like various plugins were applied without really understanding how to use them.
Last edited by Frantz on Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

I agree, music is really good! Unlike the 80's however, it lacks dynamics...everything is smashed together. More separation between the instruments would really make this track scream!

Jon

Any tips on better mixing for this song?
musisikamar.com

Amazing eighties style tune! I like it a lot, but I think the mixing could be better, more space between the instruments like suggested would be a good starting point. But overall, it's very well done, you've really nailed the sound! Ad some vocoder here and there, and it could be a very catchy song in the vein of Daft Punk and the likes.

Hmm, i've been trying to mix it with more EQ cut and it does sounds better. I'm so used to boosting freq that i think they are fighting for freq domain as a result. I'll replace it with another version after i re-mix it again this weekend.
musisikamar.com

Return to “Music Cafe”