A Lil' Taste of Blues

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I played Blues Piano, deep in Chicago's Southside and Westside, 1967-69 - Clubs like The L&H Lounge @ Madison & Kedzie, Pepper's, and at the Key Largo, on W. Roosevelt.

Here's a lil' taste I did recently: https://soundcloud.com/worldklock/148-am
When worlds collide...
= May Meditation =

Some nimble ivory tickling here, bluesy but with a strong hint of extended jazz harmonisations. It's a shame that the piano is distorting, probably recorded at too high a level. But some highly accomplished playing here,,,,

Jathon Delsy wrote:Some nimble ivory tickling here, bluesy but with a strong hint of extended jazz harmonisations. It's a shame that the piano is distorting, probably recorded at too high a level. But some highly accomplished playing here,,,,
Out-of-tune acoustics, overdriven electronics; just like on the Southside back in the day, eh? And I would never leave a hot performance in a club just because I heard glass breaking every once in awhile - would not diminish the moment one bit - might even add to the ambience.

So you see, I don't mind the distortion (sorry that you do). Consider it "Bonus Authenticity" - a little free grit.

Believe me, I am fully aware of the various ostensible aberrance that seem to appear from time to time in certain of my works. However, not only do I believe that honest performance trumps sterility - every time, but feel moreover that these very oddities, when left to remain, add to the listener's jouissance.

(I like little quirks and I cannot lie.... )

Thank you for your considered response. Thank you for the kind words. And thank you for listening.

Watch this space.

More to come.
When worlds collide...
= May Meditation =

very tasty. only thing i might say is... 'more rhythm section in the mix'. cool piano either way.

Xiangqi wrote:very tasty. only thing i might say is... 'more rhythm section in the mix'. cool piano either way.
Thanks for the kind words. And thanks for listening.
When worlds collide...
= May Meditation =

One-time bump.
When worlds collide...
= May Meditation =

Return to “Music Cafe”