deephouse track

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

last couple of weeks I've been working on this track. I really would appreciate some feedback from you guys! thnx already!!

https://soundcloud.com/wouter86/sinking-through

anyone?

Good kick, but a little booming.

Slow intro, but ok, I think.

Vocals a little muddy, I think?

From 01:54 on really good house tune. Carefully mixed :D .

Only the kick is a little over-boosted.

I'm no expert in mixing, but hope this helps :) .

I like it man. Really mellow and deep. Love the vocal as well. Thought the mix was solid. There's a chord progression that comes in right before the breakdown early on where you never resolve back to the I chord it sounds like...could use some chord resolution there IMO, but...Also could have used a bit more sound width I thought, and there's a point later on in the song where you have a cymbal coming in on the off beat that makes it sound a bit confused cause it hasn't released out when the next cymbal comes in. A different sound there may help - like an open hat or something...outside of those things, nothing really stood out to me.

Well done.

Do you have even more delays than I have? :P

Seriously, great tune, I like the sleepy, washed-out vocals - only the kick, especially in the first part, is a bit too prominent, it would fit better into it if pitched a tad down...

BTW, the bass line sounds great, what synth did you use for it?
Last edited by Tricky-Loops on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you all guys!! For the bassline I used the ANA synth.

Layzer likes :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

nice one. it has a long, calm intro/outro, this is almost chill like stuff. really pleasant listening, treads lightly.

Return to “Music Cafe”