Children (storm version) - electronic

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

always wanted to cover this classic. it is the opposite of stillness in that only softsynths were used in its creation on my HP 8730 mobile workstation notebook. as follows...
bass - Tal Elektro
pads - Sytnh1
strings -KLC M1
303 arps - Muon Tau
piano - CityPiano converted to EnergyXT2 instrument
guitar - Revitar 2.0
drums - Linplug RMiV
https://soundcloud.com/layzerkvr/ramire ... rm-version
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Classic songwriting rendered anew through digital precision and clarity, great combination.
My latest crazy track "The Quick Brown Fox sampled the Lazy Dog": http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=425647
15 Free DIVA Presets: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8#p5892108

I never heard the original (I'm too young :) ), but I guessed it could be a Robert Miles tune from the piano lines and the general sound, so I reckon that makes this cover a success. There are some choice synth sounds on here too. I really liked that arp in particular.

Good work :)

That's an excellent production. Smooth enough to make Frantz dance to trance. :) Perhaps using all soft synths gives your work a more modern sound.

That snare/clap that comes in at 2:51 could be a little louder.

Synchanter wrote:Classic songwriting rendered anew through digital precision and clarity, great combination.
thank you, sir! come a long way to be able to produce stuff like this within a 16x10" rectangle of electronics
which only a few years ago required a room full of synths! :D

seismic1 wrote:I never heard the original (I'm too young :) ), but I guessed it could be a Robert Miles tune from the piano lines and the general sound, so I reckon that makes this cover a success. There are some choice synth sounds on here too. I really liked that arp in particular.

never heard it? wow, this is probably my favorite song of all time in the genre. the
piano melody is simply addictive. the arps on my version were not as acidy and squelchy
by choice. so glad you still liked them :)

that's a good cover man! I think you did both: grabbing the Spirit of the original tune but also giving it a subtle stylistical Facelift!

greetings

wolf

I don't know or remember original song ... You cover is good. Nice sounds and well done mix

layzer wrote:
seismic1 wrote:I never heard the original (I'm too young :) ), but I guessed it could be a Robert Miles tune from the piano lines and the general sound, so I reckon that makes this cover a success. There are some choice synth sounds on here too. I really liked that arp in particular.

never heard it? wow, this is probably my favorite song of all time in the genre. the
piano melody is simply addictive. the arps on my version were not as acidy and squelchy
by choice. so glad you still liked them :)
I was living in Africa at the time. I don't recall hearing any Dream House in all the time I was there. The piano melody reminded me of "One and One" which I did hear when I returned home.

Frantz wrote:That's an excellent production. Smooth enough to make Frantz dance to trance. :)
i surly took a chance making Frantz dance to trance in france like he has antz in his pants :clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap:

layzer wrote: i surly took a chance making Frantz dance to trance in france like he has antz in his pants
I'm getting old but this track really makes me want to cut loose:

Lovely song, love when it builds and takes off. Never heard the original, so wouldn't have known this was a cover.
Nice movement, the song isn't smashed to death.

I remember it well. You've done the original proud - Kept the sense of it but added your own interpretation :tu:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Return to “Music Cafe”