A cinematic track

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, i've just published a new track. I had an image in mind while working on this, so i tried to make something completely cinematic, like if i was working on a movie.
Hope you'll like it,leave me some comment.

https://soundcloud.com/alias9593/waitin ... ip-to-come

Wow....a very chilly and arctic soundscape,that encapsulates the angst,desperation,and isolation of being stranded in the midst of a treacherously cold and bleak ocean...quite disturbing and brilliant! Image Image Image :tu:

nice! could be good enough for hollywood, man. nice control of the low end. that is something hard to master.
downside:
from about 2:34 - 5:34 the piece starts to sound a little too "squashed" from over compression < yup i said it again!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Powerful with lots of layers. It's bass heavy but under control as layzer said.

I wouldn't mind some additional chord changes to provide more variety.

Very good work. :phones:

Very cool stuff. I really liked what you did with the bass early on - it really helped set the atmospheric tone. I'm not quite as pleased with some of the higher frequency layers in the middle section, and I wondered if maybe they could recede back into the mix a bit. By about the 5:30 mark it does that anyhow. But that's a small complaint about what is generally a really effective track.

Thanks guys.

Alesis, brilliant comment too, love how you did it.

Layzer, you're right, I think I've already seen some comments from you about over compression. I try avoid that and to improve my "mix and master" with every new track but this one was really difficult (for me as non professional engineer). I will continue to take care at this. I promise.

Frantz, I like heavy bass, so thank you. You made the same comment my wife did. I thought a linear track could work better with the idea of a ship sailing, slowly coming to the shore. I must listen to my wife, always......

David, a constructive comment is always welcome, glad you like it.

You're great, all of you, thanks again.

Return to “Music Cafe”