Fatal Insomnia v.2.0. [progressive smth]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Second try :)
- slightly improved mixing
- less stupid and pretentious track description

Bouncy progressive track with bubbling acid bassline. Comments on the production quality will be highly appreciated.

https://soundcloud.com/recursion-loop/fatal-insomnia
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:Comments on the production quality will be highly appreciated.
Way too much sidechaining.

while there is no exessive harmonic distortion in the production. i do hear a little from the high compression and brickwall limiting.
some electronic musicians of today like that sidechain stuff, but in my opinion it sounds like the old days when cassette tapes left on a car dashboard on a hot day made the volume fade in and out...so you'd get mad that its ruined and toss it out the window. :lol: :lol: :lol: m2b
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

The excessive sidechaining and overcompression were intentional, but apparently I didn't manage to make it sound right...

Thanks for the listening and sorry for posting bad sounding tracks, I understand that my skills are still far from great and that's why I wanted someone to point out my most obvious errors.

ummm... no one said your track is bad. we all pretty much make and listen to what sounds good to ourselves.
if sidechaining floats your boat, by all means do it! if listening to music with no dynamic range floats your boat
crank it up till your eardrums are numb. with so many different styles of music being made we as musicians
are lucky to even get a honest "i really enjoyed listening to this" kind of comment. i make the noise for myself
and if anyone else likes it, i consider myself lucky :wink:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:with so many different styles of music being made we as musicians
are lucky to even get a honest "i really enjoyed listening to this" kind of comment.
I pretty much agree with that
layzer wrote: i make the noise for myself
and if anyone else likes it, i consider myself lucky :wink:
and this is what I also do.

Thanks again for the feedback, I consider this kind of comments much more useful than "dude ur track roxxx" or like that :)

Return to “Music Cafe”