New electro track: to mars without return

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

please have a listen and tell me what you think :phones:

https://soundcloud.com/chris-qhq/to-mars-without-return

Instruments used: Roland MKS-50, Roland TB-3, Roland JV-1080, D16 Drumazon, D16 Nepheton, Arturia Spark

Thanks!

Nice track! I love how it goes from minimal electro to fullblown space opera, keeping up interest on the way.

The only thing I can't warm up to is the four-to-the-floor 808 filtered tom thing, as it's rather loud/boomy and dominates the mix especially in the first quarter of the track. Maybe it's just my comparatively crappy stereo though.

Marco :)

cools sounds, good mix. gotta go with bonteburg about the tom used as bass kick. doesnt work for me either. would have liked to hear a lead or two come in to break the repetition. this sounds very warm and analogy thanks to the hybrid hardware/software setup of your studio. nice one :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Meh. Drum machine tracks always just seem like "filler" to me. I waited more than two minutes for any real music to start which is what I'm really interested in. I kept waiting for some signature Mars element. But don't mind me I'm an ambient guy so am horribly biased. It's the title that sucked me in, you sounded like a Mars One fan. I did like the production though and as a former 808 owner I thought it cut very nicely.

Return to “Music Cafe”