I'm planting a flag....

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

something grown from a recent crazy situation.

out of tune guitars, funk, mistakes, hatred.

https://soundcloud.com/the_dissonance/flagplanting-demo

Potent and intense. I bet it felt good to get that out of your system.

Mix is very good. Nice vox. Inventive guitar work. 8)

I listened to this last night and didn't enjoy it. Tonight, I've played it 3 or 4 times. It must be a mood thing.

Lots of well-directed energy on this track. The song works very well. I like the way the vocals are recorded and the guitars sound great. Great rhythm section too (reminded me of the chilis).

Good work :)

I think this song does evoke a certain type of feeling, for sure. Perhaps certain moods don't fit with that ;)

anyway, thank you so much for the kind words, guys.

I love this very much.

It has a brooding, angry vibe that is mixed with a funky, cheery vibe, and they go surprisingly well together. It's like the Cuba Libre of music.

This song is good all the way through!

If I had to critique something, I would harp on the over-telephoned vox that are almost buried in the music. On the other hand though, I think both the telephoning and the burying go perfect with the song. The lead guitar, by comparison, though, might be a bit too loud.

I love the energy.

JJ.

Enjoyed this! :tu:
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

The lead at 3:22 seems a bit uncomfortably loud for the rest of it. Just a hair. Other than that, very enjoyable, and extremely well put together. A real tour de force! Not something I'd usually find myself listening to, but I'm glad I did.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

thanks folks! I always did think the solo was a little loud. I don't think im going to do a second take. some of the guitars are terribly out of tune. Oh well ;)

Great stuff, love the opening riff! :)
And the one at 0:40. Awesome guitars...
Great vocals. Obviously you needed to vent and it shows...
I always think some of the best music comes from getting it out of your system.
Lead guitar is full of frustration as well and so it should be for this track.
Nice ending. ;)
Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Maybe the guitars are not out of tune - It could be borderline Jazz :hihi:

More seriously: This rocks

Your choice of riffs and attitude easily outweighs those
slightly out of tune guitars.
As they say: If it works - Don't fix it :D

The vocals are solid too :clap:

Cheers :tu:

P.S You have a new follower on SoundCloud :party:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

I am seriously floored by the comments and hoping I can do more stuff like this...

I have never written/produced something so quickly and I think this needs to become a habit.

thank you so much guys.

8) and a very good solo :tu: Great!
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

I didn't listen to the entire track, but I think I like it. Reminds me a little bit of the album A Northern Soul from The Verve. Vocals and guitars are good.

The Dissonance wrote:I am seriously floored by the comments and hoping I can do more stuff like this...

I have never written/produced something so quickly and I think this needs to become a habit.

thank you so much guys.
Often the best tracks come quickly... Give it a go!
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Return to “Music Cafe”