deleted

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

deleted
Last edited by V0RT3X on Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

new track

testing out the breaktweaker and now my track sounds like BT was in it.. :x

I think you hit the nail on the head, you've got a BT infestation in your track, and now it doesn't sound like you anymore.

This is one reason why I mostly prefer to use a sampler or wave editor to create glitches and one-off effects from scratch. Lots of popular artists use those windup glitch effects, but they do their own spin on them. You can tell the difference between a Squarepusher glitch and a V-snares glitch, because they're in there, in the details. With the devil :hihi:. I recommend only using these advanced/friendly glitching tools in unusual ways, if you want to stand out and be unique.

Apart from that, it's a good backbeat to start adding ideas on top of.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:I think you hit the nail on the head, you've got a BT infestation in your track, and now it doesn't sound like you anymore.

This is one reason why I mostly prefer to use a sampler or wave editor to create glitches and one-off effects from scratch. Lots of popular artists use those windup glitch effects, but they do their own spin on them. You can tell the difference between a Squarepusher glitch and a V-snares glitch, because they're in there, in the details. With the devil :hihi:. I recommend only using these advanced/friendly glitching tools in unusual ways, if you want to stand out and be unique.

Apart from that, it's a good backbeat to start adding ideas on top of.
Yah i uninstalled the demo after this track. I was tweaking it a bunch and realized that no mater what I did with that plugin it would still somehow manage to have the "BT" sound and well it would'nt come across as my own anymore.

I guess if some people enjoy recreating his style from "this binary universe" then they will love this plugin. As for me I think I'll pass.

I had the same experience myself. Really wanted to like the plugin. I think you did the right thing.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Is your Break Tweaker broken? :hihi:

You could also use only some parts of the break beat and mix it with a more conventional beat...

It's not the beat that's the problem, it's what it lets you do with that beat once it's in there. Sure, you can use BreakTweaker and not use the glitch effects, but then what's the point? It's better to buy FSU plugins that give you more freedom, at the cost of less comfort. BreakTweaker feels like it's "on rails" - always giving good results, but always sounding like BT. I'm sure you can get around that if you fight it, but why buy a product just to fight it all the way?

Don't know Beat Tweaker, but this sounds very "official" to my half-experienced ears. So I don't know the proprietary danger zones of BT :help: :lol:
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Return to “Music Cafe”