Ambient, acoustic based instrumental

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It is far from finished but I'm posting this song anyway since I want some feedback? How is it? Any ideas on how I can improve it? Thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/laknabo/idea

hi. thanks for sharing, cool track. I mean there's things to improve, but would it get better? It is what it is...it's not very ambient or quiet at that, I like it because it has lots of different elements. Still, maybe going for a more coherent style would help. Here are a few (re)considerations: - like the squelchy sounds it starts with, maybe fade in a bit more?/piano is great/backgroundnoise works well/I think this would benefit from more realistic string samples, differentiated string programming-works later on but at times it's grating./beats were unexpected, they are nice, but it feels like you have a nice painting and keep painting on layers and layers...overdoing it in the process./noise risers at 2:20 maybe a bit too pronounced, lots of highs./ then lots of different elements, love the resonant stabs & subtle bass, but some of the synth leads don't quite fit. at the end you sound like 14 zero zero by console -which is good, but indicative of the trajectory your track has taken. it's a great soundtrackish-glitch-orchestral-electro track. my advice would be to just try and drop a few things and it might turn out better.

Return to “Music Cafe”