Need improvements for my track!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all! I am about to release an EDM track but I don't know how I should continue this and what important improvements should I do? I've worked on this track for 2 days now and If you could find something that I am missing, that would be great aswell.

Here is the track;
https://soundcloud.com/moxors/id-moxors ... provements

Thank you in advance! :D

Sounds alright to me, man. It's very traditional in style. If anything, when you make the second half of the song you should put more of your own flare. The part previewed sounds pretty generic. But all the sounds are in place and they sound decent on my headphones, but it feels like I'm listening to any other edm housy type of song.
Create.

Thanks for the feedback, Nihilis! Yes it sounds like most of the house music but can you give me an example of how I should think when I am trying to put my own flare into the second part of the song? It think that's the part I've been stuck for I while now :D

Thanks!

Moxors wrote:can you give me an example of how I should think when I am trying to put my own flare into the second part of the song?
Would that not defeat the object of it being your own flare? 8)

We've established you can draw from a template, but what do YOU want to create? That drop is almost straight out of the Sausage Fattener advert :borg:

This is almost like tracing something on tracing paper and saying you drew it. CREATE! Why is most EDM like a sweatshop with people churning out the same thing over and over again?!
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

this thread = sendy vindicated :lol: :lol:

Hi all! Thanks for the feedback!! I got it now @Sendy, that question was a dumb one, but your post said alot anyways.

You guys are right, this track sounds like all other house songs. I should do another track from scratch and try to make something that really is new.

Once again, thanks all for the feedback! :D

Btw, what is Sausage Fattener? I only used Massive for the drop with all FX in the plugin without any FX affecting from the mixer.

It's a plugin by Dada Life, and in the advertisment they play one of their songs which has a drop very similar to what you posted. It's a pretty good plugin, actually, I don't even make house/dance and find it useful sometimes.

There's nothing wrong with copying tracks or being generic to build up your skills, just don't expect people to be thrilled to hear it :) Finding your own style can be a bit hit-and-miss at first, but keep at it and something will evolve. Often you don't even need to change the formula that much to get something unique, but the more unique your sound is, the more likely you are to get noticed in future.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Now let's be honest: How many Volume Shapers did you use to make it pumping? :o

Sounds pretty okay, I'd working on the song structure because it sounds like 2 songs in one song. And then you should change the intro, better start with the beats coming in step by step...

Sendy wrote:It's a plugin by Dada Life, and in the advertisment they play one of their songs which has a drop very similar to what you posted. It's a pretty good plugin, actually, I don't even make house/dance and find it useful sometimes.

There's nothing wrong with copying tracks or being generic to build up your skills, just don't expect people to be thrilled to hear it :) Finding your own style can be a bit hit-and-miss at first, but keep at it and something will evolve. Often you don't even need to change the formula that much to get something unique, but the more unique your sound is, the more likely you are to get noticed in future.
Aha, I haven't heard all of Dada Life's music so I didn't notice it was similar to their drop.
Yea, your words are worth thousands. You are describing my situation pretty good, and I like it. Thanks for the important feedback, man! :D
Tricky-Loops wrote:Now let's be honest: How many Volume Shapers did you use to make it pumping? :o

Sounds pretty okay, I'd working on the song structure because it sounds like 2 songs in one song. And then you should change the intro, better start with the beats coming in step by step...
I don't get what you mean with pumping? Do you mean the whitenoise I added at the same time as the kick? I made it with 3xosc and with lot of FXs in the mixer linked to it.

Yea, the structure is kinda messy. Should I remove the drop and create drop out of the intro? And I don't get what you mean by adding the beats step by step :/

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. It means alot to me!

In order to have the right mindset you should try figuring out the purpose of your song. Is it supposed to make people want to dance, or be happy, or feel sad, or whatever you can think of. I found if I first make a generic Skelton of a song with no thoughts besides it. Basically what you have previewed. Then, I sit back, listen to my song for a few days, take notes on things I like, what I don't like. Maybe I'll get some ideas on what I could add, so I write those ideas down. i also try to think what the music could make me feel. Or what i want it to make me feel. After a few days I'll go back into the zone with all these ideas and put it into action. Then wash rinse repeat until you have the tune up to your standards
Create.

Return to “Music Cafe”