Shreddage 2 v2e Update - Now available!

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Welcome to our first FREE update for Shreddage II! We were originally calling this Shreddage 2.1, but it is really much more expansive than that - it is much more fitting to call it version 2 (v2). This update encapsulates lots of new features for both novice and advanced users, engine enhancements, bug fixes, and new audio content. You can read the full changelog below.

Download Shreddage 2 v2 SAMPLES Content
Unpack this folder in your SAMPLES folder. This should overwrite your existing "ShreddageII.nkc" and "ShreddageII.nkr" files, and add three new folders of samples.

Download Shreddage 2 v2e INSTRUMENTS Content
Unpack this folder in your root Shreddage II directory. This should add two new patches as well as a new wallpaper file.

Download Shreddage 2 v2d UPDATED MANUAL

Thank you to EVERYONE who assisted in making this an excellent update through feature suggestions, bug testing, and extensive discussion. We will absolutely have more Shreddage II updates in the future, from minor bugfixes to large content patches.

V2E CHANGELOG
-------------
January 11th, 2014

* Fixed bug with full chokes not double-tracking properly on guitars 1 + 2

V2D CHANGELOG
-------------
November 18th, 2013

* Full chokes now work on DT Guitar 3 + 4.

* Fixed "array out of bounds" error on fret squeals.

* Created with Kontakt 5.3

V2C CHANGELOG
-------------
September 11th, 2013

* Various bug fixes

* Pitched releases no longer have unpleasant clicking

* Quad-tracking w/ unison bending works properly now

* Automatic "let ring" / sustain implemented. Press G#-2 (lowest G# note) to enable this feature, which makes ALL notes ring out completely, as opposed to being silenced by MIDI note-off. Pressing A-2 will disable this feature.

V2 CHANGELOG
------------
July 6th, 2013

* QUAD TRACKING is possible with the addition of guitars 3 and 4. By effectively creating two new and unique sample pools, you can now layer up to FOUR guitar tracks with no phase issues.

* REWRITTEN FRETTING / FINGERING ENGINE: Shreddage 2.1 is now even more realistic and accurate when intelligently selecting frets and strings based on your input. To accompany this complete rewrite, we've also added controls for things like virtual hand size and fret minimum / maximum preference if you want to change the engine's behavior to suit your tastes.

* SPLIT MIDI CHANNELS: When enabled, this assigns input from MIDI channels 1-7 to separate exclusive strings (channel 1 = string 1, channel 2 = string 2, etc.) Great if you're using a guitar controller!

* PORTAMENTO SPEED: Vary the length of the portamento slides from 25% to 400%.

* PITCH BEND RANGE: Go nuts with pitch bending by setting the range all the way up to a full octave (previously, it was a mere 2 semitones!)

* NEW 'SMOOTH' VIBRATO TYPE: For seamless vibrato with total control using with the modwheel (and NO phasing), we've added this 4th vibrato type to accompany our fingered + whammy recordings.

* SMOOTH VIBRATO SPEED: Control the exact speed (frequency) of the new Smooth vibrato type.

* FRET RESET TIME: Freely define the wait time for when the virtual hand lifts up from its current position after you've finished playing your last note. Another way to customize Shreddage 2 to your playing style!

* PORTAMENTO VOLUME REALISM: A switch that enables realistic fading of portamento volume; for example, when playing a note and immediately sliding, the volume level will be greater than sliding after 5-10 seconds of sustain.

* EXTRA PICK LENGTH: Controls the length of the optional extra pick attack sound. The pick attacks themselves were in Shreddage 2.0, but previously had a static length.

* TOGGLE PALM MUTE RELEASES: Don't want finger release noise after palm mute articulations? Well, now you can disable it!

* TRANSPOSE: Transposes entire instrument up or down up to 12 semitones. Useful for creating quick harmonies on a second track or changing the key of your piece.

* IMPROVED STRING REALISM: Now properly behaves monophonically per-string when a string preference (keyswitch, MIDI channel) is enabled.

* IMPROVED ANTI-REPETITION: Use this improved feature from Shreddage 2.0 to further minimize the 'machine gun' effect for extremely rapid riffs.

* VELOCITY -> VOLUME TOGGLE: Maps the instrument's volume to velocity (in addition to articulation switching), great for clean parts and even finer control.

* MONOPHONIC MODE CHANGES: Chords are now possible in monophonic mode if you play within the chord threshold (user definable!)

* CHORD PRIORITY TOGGLE: Allows you to control the engine behavior for overlapping notes played in quick succession. If Chord Priority is enabled, multiple notes will trigger instead of legato if the notes are played quickly (e.g. a strum). If disabled, hammer-on/pull-off/portamento will trigger instead.

* RELEASE NOISE MIN / MAX THRESHOLD: With these controls, you can define a min/max range (in milliseconds) where release noises will play. For example, you might not want releases to play after extremely short or long notes, or perhaps you ONLY want them to trigger on notes of a certain length.

* TWEAKED FRETBOARD: Bigger font and fewer bugs!

* NEW RELEASE + PICK SAMPLES: We took the original sample pool of finger + pick noises, and then we doubled it.

* NEW FX SAMPLES: Tons of new FX recordings to really spice things up and add extra flair to your riffs. Over 70+ in total!

* NEW PRESET SYSTEM: Customize a patch to your taste, then Save it as an NKA preset file anywhere on your computer. Load it from any other instance in any other project to restore your settings!

* Various bug fixes and tweaks to existing controls (i.e. legato settings, release volume) to enable greater customization and realism!
Last edited by zircon on Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:01 am, edited 23 times in total.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

For future updates I suggest gliss down samples (so when you release a note and play a keyswitch assigned to this function the original note is stopped and the gliss sample is triggered) and especially trill samples (half\whole).

:idea: I play guitar and there's naturally always a lot of vibrato going on. Maybe you could have a script to humanize the playing of the instrument to simulate a real guitar player in this regard.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Found a bug:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/170 ... i_solo.rar

Contains two ogg files and a midi file. If I play this pattern twice, there is a wrong note once.

Wouldn't it make more sense to fix the existing bugs in the nki/nkm's that effect playability first rather than add new features in the scripts/samples that involve sending money to NI?
This way you wouldn't alienate existing users and imply to new users that bugs are fixed once a certain amount are discovered and only when an update is made to the whole library?
I know this isn't the case but from the outside looking in, that's what it does look like.
With all the competition out there, customer service makes a huge difference and it may be the only difference.

Here's the last bug that I found and your reply regarding timeframe, stopped looking for more bugs because I switched back to using Shreddage instead of Shreddage 2 although I'd rather use 2.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=373238

infact they're trying to find bugs,and if you think shreddage 2 is unusable,use another library then.

metalheart wrote:infact they're trying to find bugs,and if you think shreddage 2 is unusable,use another library then.
When did I say that it was unusable?
I said the bugs are affecting playability.
Like I said, I switched back to using Shreddage rather than Shreddage 2.

give them the time to fix these bugs...there's a suitable thread to point them out since shreddage 2 was released,and then you'd better speak personally and not for all shreddage 2 users and potential customers.

metalheart wrote:give them the time to fix these bugs...there's a suitable thread to point them out since shreddage 2 was released,and then you'd better speak personally and not for all shreddage 2 users and potential customers.
Anything that I post is my opinion, I don't speak for anyone but myself.
No one left me in charge.
Thanks for making me feel important though!
Wow!

bigjerome wrote:Wouldn't it make more sense to fix the existing bugs in the nki/nkm's that effect playability first rather than add new features in the scripts/samples that involve sending money to NI?
This way you wouldn't alienate existing users and imply to new users that bugs are fixed once a certain amount are discovered and only when an update is made to the whole library?
I know this isn't the case but from the outside looking in, that's what it does look like.
With all the competition out there, customer service makes a huge difference and it may be the only difference.
Hi bigjerome,

I understand and respect that you're keen to get up and running with Shreddage II (I did some of the editing and instrument mapping for this library). :)

The two things you mention in your post - fixing bugs, and adding scripts/samples - are two sides of the same process. For example, the pinch harmonics issue that you reported (thanks) needs a change of samples in order to fix, which would need to be re-encoded by NI.

Because it's important to test any update before it's released, it's more efficient to roll the changes and fixes into a single patch and have a single develop/test/release cycle, than to divide the process between two separate updates. Although in a perfect world, software would be bug-free, both fixes and changes can create new issues (often in unexpected ways - Kontakt can be cranky!), so I think a combined patch will give us the chance to deliver a more thoroughly tested, high quality update to you and other users.

I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your patience - it will be worthwhile! :phones:
Sound design, audio editing, and instrument programming for UVI Workstation and Falcon/MachFive
http://www.iainmorland.net

I understand that since I am a beta tester for a well respected and talented Kontakt library developer. I do not code, only find bugs and offer suggestions.

(Btw, the pinch harmonics issue can be fixed by removing the reference to that particular sample and turning one into 4x and the DT to 3x instead of re-recording and encoding.)

bigjerome wrote: This way you wouldn't alienate existing users
it seems you're speaking for us all instead.

metalheart wrote:
bigjerome wrote: This way you wouldn't alienate existing users
it seems you're speaking for us all instead.
Read what you want into it, you're entitled to your opinion as much as I am.

well,I have to say I'm not an alienated "Shreddage 2" user.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”