Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

fmr wrote:Me too. I think that only those that never used analog synths think that was what makes them sound "analog". It isn't, and it doesn't. It makes them sound bad (awfully bad). Fortunately, my MKS-80 (which sometimes drifts really bad) has a button that says AUTO TUNE :hihi:
The Oberheim Matrix 6 has it too, and a couple other poly synths, it's really useful. Since this tunes all oscillators on all voices, the idea is ihmo somewhat different though, i.e. to make all voices sound more alike. If you set an analog poly synth to round-robin mode and repeatedly press the exact same key, it can sound somewhat weird if the voices differ too much.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Hello Richard,
is there any plan on making The Legend MPE-compatible in a future update ?
(only the "poly" mode is concerned obviously)
That would make that already marvelous vst a fantastic companion for linnstruments, seaboards, blocks, etc....
Thanks

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

theracon wrote:Hello Richard,
That would make that already marvelous vst a fantastic companion for linnstruments, seaboards, blocks, etc....
Thanks
but its a monosynth
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:
Thanks
but its a monosynth
With an option for 4 note poly and an universal option to make it whatever number of notes poly in your DAW midi/audio routing.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Indeed, you can see the mention "only the poly mode is concerned obviously".
Thank you.

Thanks
Haven't heard of this yet, but will look into it :)

Richard

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Richard_Synapse wrote:
Thanks
Haven't heard of this yet, but will look into it :)

Richard
Wow, i'm so thrilled !
I hold my breath.
Here is a description of the MPE protocol by Roger Linn
http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/implementing-mpe.html

Thank you.

theracon wrote:Wow, i'm so thrilled !
I hold my breath.

Thank you.
Yep found that, a quick read indicates that MPE essentially means working on several MIDI channels, in order to allow for polyphonic pitch bend. But there may be more to it, dunno. We may have to contact Roger and/or get a MPE-capable device, so it could take some time even if the actual standard looks very simple at first glance. :)

Richard

Just out of pure interest how many copied of The Legend have been sold ?

Richard_Synapse wrote:
I hold my breath.

Thank you.
Yep found that, a quick read indicates that MPE essentially means working on several MIDI channels, in order to allow for polyphonic pitch bend. But there may be more to it, dunno. We may have to contact Roger and/or get a MPE-capable device, so it could take some time even if the actual standard looks very simple at first glance. :)

Richard
That's it in a nutshell, but not just pitch bend, also voice specific modulation via CC74. So for instance I can hold down two notes, add vibrato (pitch bend) to one, while opening up the filter on the other voice with no pitch bend. So each channel/voice acts kind of like a mono synth.

Synthman2000 wrote:Just out of pure interest how many copied of The Legend have been sold ?

:lol:

Richard_Synapse wrote:
I hold my breath.

Thank you.

Richard
Hello Richard,
I talked to Roger Linn earlier this day about the possibility of getting The Legend ported to MPE standard, he said he would be happy to answer any of your questions.
Last edited by theracon on Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Some people (like me) asked for that already some time ago in the Synapse forum (in this case about Dune 2).......but as we know Richard don´t hang there out often :D
MPE support would be great and indeed a reason for me i would buy The Legend.
Of course in most DAW´s and/or with third party software you can workaround this via using one instance per midi channel but native MPE support would be much appreciated.
What about microtuning?

Return to “Instruments”