Ableton Push support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

pstare wrote: The path should be ~/Documents/Bitwig\ Studio/Extensions/Push4Bitwig/push2display/run.command

I hope moss fixes the installation instructions on the wiki because I wasted a lot of time on that too and I write software for a living.
Actually, the path in the Linux and Mac run scripts are wrong. I will correct them in the next update.

Just released a little update:

# 9.20
* New: In sequencer and drum mode the loop selection buttons represent now one page (not a measure as before). Pressing one of the pads selects the page. To set a "one pad" loop press the pad again.

I will see if it occurs with your latest update and try to find steps to reproduce. Are the Java core dumps helpful to you?

Right-clicked on the settings header to reveal in finder and it just highlights the "Extensions" folder, not the .bwmextension file, but I think that's just Bitwig being weird and "showing the enclosing folder" instead of the extensions file.

moss wrote:Just released a little update:

# 9.20
* New: In sequencer and drum mode the loop selection buttons represent now one page (not a measure as before). Pressing one of the pads selects the page. To set a "one pad" loop press the pad again.
Tried this out and I have to say, this new way makes a whole lot of sense. I really like it and I feel like it's pretty intuitive--- one tap of the pad "changes pages", another tap sets a loop for that page only. Is there a way to set a 1-bar loop though (if the pages are basically 2 bars per page?)

One thing I'm finding really difficult with this script (although it's probably an API limitation) is that it's really difficult to "select" things, like active clip, etc. It's possible to use Select+Pad in session view to "sort of" select it but it doesn't show the details in the inspector etc.

Also I tried to delete a device on a certain track and it just doesn't work. Delete in combination with the second row button under the device doesn't work. Diving into the device and then hitting Delete on its own deletes the track. But if you select the device with the mouse, then hit the Delete button, it works.

Is this just because Bitwig doesn't open API access to selecting things in the device chain, and individual clips?

Also would love a setting that would use "Volume" mode as the default mode in Mix, rather than only showing meters, volume, pan, send etc for the selected track. I find any time I switch views I need to reselect "Volume" so that I can see everything.

I'm having trouble switching parameter pages in device mode.
Push 1, script version 9.20
Select a device, press device button, first preset page of parameters is shown.
The wiki says: "Left/Right buttons: Select next/previous device or parameter bank", does not work for me.

Also: "Push 1: Use Select+Volume/Pan/Track buttons to activate the different layer modes. For Sendmodes press Pan multiple times."
Not certain what 'layer modes' are but pressing select+volume does the same as pressing volume alone (same for pan&send and track)

Thanks for your hard work moss!

Hi moss, would it be possible to implement a feature where the "Fixed Length" amount chosen is also used for the "Post Recording Action / Delay" settings? It would be fantastic for it to actually govern the length of newly recorded clips.

Recording a clip seems to be different from creating a new one, launching it, and hitting overdub. The latter doesn't do a pre-roll. If you set the Post Recording Action / Delay to "Play Recorded" and "2.0.0" then it'll give you a pre-roll, allow you to record a 2-bar clip, then it will stop record and start looping over the clip. It's pretty much exactly what I want (you can then activate overdub manually to do any extra layers).

Since the fixed length thing seems to be something entirely in your control script (to emulate how Ableton Live works) it would be amazing if the setting used for Fixed Length were used not just for "new clip" but also the Post Recording Delay. :)

moss wrote:Just released a little update:

# 9.20
Fantastic! :o

Thanks moss!!! :hug:

pstare wrote:I will see if it occurs with your latest update and try to find steps to reproduce. Are the Java core dumps helpful to you?
Yes, absolutely.

pstare wrote:Is there a way to set a 1-bar loop though (if the pages are basically 2 bars per page?)
To define a region keep the start pad pressed and then press the pad where you want to end the loop.

pstare wrote: Is this just because Bitwig doesn't open API access to selecting things in the device chain, and individual clips?
Yes, theses are all API limitations.
pstare wrote:Also would love a setting that would use "Volume" mode as the default mode in Mix, rather than only showing meters, volume, pan, send etc for the selected track. I find any time I switch views I need to reselect "Volume" so that I can see everything.
Something to think about...

Tearing Riots wrote:I'm having trouble switching parameter pages in device mode.
The wiki says: "Left/Right buttons: Select next/previous device or parameter bank", does not work for me.
Will need to check the Wiki when I am back home (I am on holiday).
To navigate the device pages press the button below the instrument again to see all the pages. Then press the button below the page to select it.

pstare wrote: Since the fixed length thing seems to be something entirely in your control script (to emulate how Ableton Live works) it would be amazing if the setting used for Fixed Length were used not just for "new clip" but also the Post Recording Delay. :)
I think that is not possible.

Hey Moss, I don't have a push yet, but I see that it uses libusb to control the display. Is it possible to connect to the display interface from Bitwig script level using that library?

moss wrote:
Tearing Riots wrote:I'm having trouble switching parameter pages in device mode.
Will need to check the Wiki when I am back home (I am on holiday).
To navigate the device pages press the button below the instrument again to see all the pages. Then press the button below the page to select it.
I forgot to mention (didnt notice at first) this was a fx layer device so that won't work.

Return to “Controller Scripting”