EMU 1212m/1616m on Windows 7 - The Thread to End All Other EMU Threads!

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HM wrote:Quick question, I got 1212m and 1818m,...

Can I install them on latest W10-64 ,.. just to have the mixer-functionality, using as AD/DA only, light-pibed from my RME-card ?

In case possible what software and procedure should I go for to make it work ?

Thanks in advance for any help, I would be happy to use these converters, they are still on top !!!
You will find your answers on pages 8 and 9. :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote:I am 99% sure there is no way to use the dock without turning on the PC.
I only have the 1212M, so i am just shooting in the dark here.
Hi this is for the folks who ask if it is possible to use the EMU Audio Dock without turning on the computer.

As far as I know the answer is NO - The Audio Dock needs to get it's power from the 4-pin floppy power connector - connected to the PSU of the computer - The Audio Dock does not get it's power until the computer turns on.

HM wrote:Quick question, I got 1212m and 1818m,...

Can I install them on latest W10-64 ,.. just to have the mixer-functionality, using as AD/DA only, light-pibed from my RME-card ?

In case possible what software and procedure should I go for to make it work ?

Thanks in advance for any help, I would be happy to use these converters, they are still on top !!!
Windows 7 is better as the WDM [EMU-e-DSP] works -

Hi,

This may help some people out [maybe] - Recording from wave out [Windows x64] into Cubase Artist 8.5 x64 did work today. Trying this out in Orion x64 did not as on program launch the ASIO driver didn't load -error message - but Orion has a 32 bit version bridged to work on x64 systems and wave out from patchmix did work.

This is to record wave output of patchmix into ASIO input in DAW - this could be for the guy with Audition who was having a problem.

Anyhow I'm more than happy overall with these "vintage" PCI cards with Windows 7 x64 - Maybe Emu could release a newer version

Any info on how it works on W10 is helpful. :) THX !
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote:Any info on how it works on W10 is helpful. :) THX !
I gave up on Windows 10 x64 with wave WDM EMU-e-DSP - I don't know if there are some "tricks" that can be used to make it work - But on Windows 7 x64 it was no problem.

Not extensive testing but enough to know wave output works

fraz wrote:
Mutant wrote:Any info on how it works on W10 is helpful. :) THX !
I gave up on Windows 10 x64 with wave WDM EMU-e-DSP - I don't know if there are some "tricks" that can be used to make it work - But on Windows 7 x64 it was no problem.

Not extensive testing but enough to know wave output works
Once again... are we talking about the PCI or PCIe version. i know there's people here who are still using the old PCI, but I have the PCIe. Children, can we try and include which version we are using in giving tips, mkay? Looking for tips 'round hyaaa. Mkay?

Hi All.

I have a 1212m PCIe in a windows 7 x64 PC which works flawlessly running at 44.1khz but when I switch to 48khz I get stutters and breakups in the audio. changing the ASIO buffer size appears to have little effect. I have tried the latest beta driver and the same thing happens.

I am using patchmix 2.20 and driver version 6.00.01.1246 (2.30 BETA)

I have ad this problem sine I bought the card about 4 years ago but I was able to work at 44.1Khz until recently when I started to work on files sent to me by clients which are in 48khz and converting the sample of the files isn't an option.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Are EMU support contactable?

What about 88200 and 96000 ?
There are some high quality sample conversion algorithms.

And E-MU support doesn't exist anymore, most probably.
So the forum is your only option.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote:What about 88200 and 96000 ?

Yes it seems to work fine at 88.2khz and 96khz but when I change the sample rate of the Cubase project the Emu patch mixer automatically follow suit and will match it. So that means I will have to run all mu cubase projects at 88.2khz or 96khz for it to work, which also means all my project audio files will be double the size. Is there anything else I can try to avoid this?

happysteve wrote:
Mutant wrote:What about 88200 and 96000 ?

Yes it seems to work fine at 88.2khz and 96khz but when I change the sample rate of the Cubase project the Emu patch mixer automatically follow suit and will match it. So that means I will have to run all mu cubase projects at 88.2khz or 96khz for it to work, which also means all my project audio files will be double the size. Is there anything else I can try to avoid this?
Just to eliminate the possibility that it is Cubase that is at fault here, did you try to run it in some other DAWs ?
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote:Just to eliminate the possibility that it is Cubase that is at fault here, did you try to run it in some other DAWs ?
I tried Izotope Ozone standalone using both WDM and ASIO drivers and the same thing happens, also did a similar thing with Wavelab. It even does it when I'm playing MP3 files in windows media player. it seems like a low level problem with my 1212m that happens when the sample rate in the EMU patch mixer is set to 48k

happysteve wrote:I have a 1212m PCIe in a windows 7 x64 PC...

...I am using patchmix 2.20 and driver version 6.00.01.1246 (2.30 BETA)
1212M PCI (not PCIe)
Windows 7 64bit.
Patchmix 2.20.0.5
Driver 6.0.1.1246
REAPER
48Khz works flawlessly.
What doesn't work here is sample rates above 96Khz - they worked fine in Windows XP.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote: 1212M PCI (not PCIe)
Windows 7 64bit.
Patchmix 2.20.0.5
Driver 6.0.1.1246
REAPER
48Khz works flawlessly.
What doesn't work here is sample rates above 96Khz - they worked fine in Windows XP.
My patchmix version is 2.20.00 which I got from the emu/creative website. Where did you get yours from? Could you dropbox me the installation files you are using please?

Here's what I'm using now:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Got the beta version most probably from there:
http://www.productionforums.com/viewforum.php?f=114

Not sure if the Patchmix for PCI version will work for PCIe version but OK, here you go:
https://app.box.com/s/psnpla2oaiwqbzv4444va8goiz7kdhpo

I'll remove the file after 1 day.

OOPS !
Looks like my system monitoring software displays the version differently...
The about box for the Patchmix says exactly the same "2.20.00.0005", build date "Feb 23 2009"...

But 1 thing is very different, it says firmware for 1010 is V3.4, not V1.6 as yours.
But maybe 3.4 for PCI means older than 1.6 for PCIe ?
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”