if not for the ignorant.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sfxsound3 wrote:
JJ_Jettflow wrote:
Aloysius wrote:Well, you cared enough to tell me that I'm a genius with golden ears. So, I guess you care a little bit?
When you can produce something that sells 5.1 million, I'll care.
The music still sucks, I've just listened to the whole thing - great sound though, I WONDER WHY THEY BOTHERED for this piece of mediocrity.
Yeah, I say the same thing for much of the today's crap that is called music. The only difference is that today's junk doesn't even sound good...over produced, over quantized, everything autotuned, under skilled performances, weak and predictable songwriting, unimaginative vocals.

Out of tune or not, at least it was honest music, played by themselves..not computers.

For an album that was released before some of the contributors to this thread were born, it sure stirs up a lot of emotion.

Googly Smythe wrote:For an album that was released before some of the contributors to this thread were born, it sure stirs up a lot of emotion.
It was one of my first album as a teenager. By no means am I a Beatles fanboi but it would be nice if the people who so easily denigrate this music would take the time to realise that when it was released, 4 tracks were all AR had. 8 tracks had only become available in the U.S. So from a production standpoint it is quite remarkable that all that was done bouncing between two 4 track machines.

As well the Beatles were one of the first to incorporate loops in their music. Revolution Number 9 was completely performed on tape loops.

Like 10cc's "I'm not In Love"..sounds like a simple pop song until you hear what went into the production.

"You shoulda been there."

Dr. Winston O'Boogie.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Then just lock it :roll:

yeah, lock it.

SGT peppers lonely ignorant band, we hope you have enjoyed the show (bum bum bum) It's SGT peppers lonely ignorant band, at least it's better than "pet sounds" fo sho.

incubus wrote:SGT peppers lonely ignorant band, we hope you have enjoyed the show (bum bum bum) It's SGT peppers lonely ignorant band, at least it's better than "pet sounds" fo sho.
The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds was the first recording to have one of Moog's instruments on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSUTjgwEw4E

I know, but I hate it. I just can't get into it at all (though when I was young, I loved it, very colorful sounds)

But for some reason it just irks me now. There was a terrific doc on it lately though that was enjoyable.

incubus wrote:I know, but I hate it. I just can't get into it at all (though when I was young, I loved it, very colorful sounds)

But for some reason it just irks me now. There was a terrific doc on it lately though that was enjoyable.
This is not my kind of music either...just a bit too old for me. And as for The Beatles, I too liked them when I was young but haven't listened to them in years. But as tired as these songs may seem, they are important milestones in music production and a lot of studio tricks that we use today originated back on these recordings.

In their day, The Beach Boys were immensely popular and influential and maybe if they had not used Moog's instruments on Good Vibrations maybe synths would not have been so easily accepted by other artists; maybe they would not be as popular today as they are.

Like them or hate them, the least we should do is be respectful of their place in music history.

annode wrote:There are a noticeable few who frequently flaunt their ignorance and stupidity in other ppls threads. This thread was one of them, so I removed the topic.
This is nothing. I know what you mean, though, there are days here where this has to be as bad as social media gets. I mean the prevalence of snark, on top of people that don't know how not to piss on somebody's parade.

Regardless of personal preferences, I mean people that will never make anything anybody particularly cherishes have to act like they're so above things people found significant in their lives. Beyond obtuse. Sense-of-humor-challenged comedians too.

sfxsound3 wrote:piece of mediocrity.
mediocre,
adjective
of only ordinary or moderate quality; [...]
Synonyms: undistinguished, commonplace, pedestrian, everyday; run-of-the-mill.

Please argue how it is ordinary and does not distinguish itself from the music of its day. How it is commonplace or pedestrian by any notion.

Victor.

I don't like that peaceful levity is considered ignorant. I also don't like that everyone should expect everyone else to like the same things.

But that being said, I'm sorry if I caused the OP to feel crappy.

jancivil wrote:
annode wrote:There are a noticeable few who frequently flaunt their ignorance and stupidity in other ppls threads. This thread was one of them, so I removed the topic.
This is nothing. I know what you mean, though, there are days here where this has to be as bad as social media gets. I mean the prevalence of snark, on top of people that don't know how not to piss on somebody's parade.

Regardless of personal preferences, I mean people that will never make anything anybody particularly cherishes have to act like they're so above things people found significant in their lives. Beyond obtuse. Sense-of-humor-challenged comedians too.
Making an honest statement is called pissing on somebody's parade? Some things are beyond criticism? Guilty of the sin of blasphemy? I'll burn in hell in eternity for not liking what you like? Should we sort it out in the backyard or what?

sfxsound3 wrote:The music still sucks, I've just listened to the whole thing - great sound though, I WONDER WHY THEY BOTHERED for this piece of mediocrity.
This is a tolerant society. You're entitled to your opinion...even if you are mostly wrong. Some of the tracks are not that great but most are pretty damn good and they were really spectacular at the time.

OTOH as the recording technology has improved my hearing has deteriorated so I'm not all that interested in a better sounding version. The original is fine for me.

Steve

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”