ToneBoosters, I love your plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v3 TB Equalizer v4 TB ReelBus v3 TB ReelBus v4

My opinion is that Toneboosters plugins are highly underrated and underpriced - top notch stuff!

Seems like developer is humble, shy and really does know his job. All plugins sounds great. I like Reelbus. I keep using old v3 because sound can't be replicated with newer and all in all i love and recommend Toneboosters to everyone.

Yeah Jeroen truly knows 'sound' at the deepest levels of human understanding.

Imagine what it would be like if ToneBoosters, Fabfilter, DMG and Tokyo Dawn teamed up for one almighty "End All" dynamics suite :D

kmonkey wrote:all in all i love and recommend Toneboosters to everyone.
:tu:

Jeroen is a top bloke and his plugins are nothing short of amazing!

I was thinking of getting the TB mastering compressor and the reel thingy as well. However, I also read the description of the new v4 Barricade, and it seems they added a compressor and tape saturation to that as well.
So, I am wondering if it makes more sense to upgrade my v3 Barricade to v4 - or to stick with v3 of Barricade and get the compressor and reel thingy. The Barricade upgrade would be much cheaper, but what about the quality of the included compressor and saturation compared to the dedicated plugins?

Barricade upgrade is a no-brainer - do it and grab the other plugins next paycheck

fluffy_little_something wrote:I was thinking of getting the TB mastering compressor and the reel thingy as well. However, I also read the description of the new v4 Barricade, and it seems they added a compressor and tape saturation to that as well.
So, I am wondering if it makes more sense to upgrade my v3 Barricade to v4 - or to stick with v3 of Barricade and get the compressor and reel thingy. The Barricade upgrade would be much cheaper, but what about the quality of the included compressor and saturation compared to the dedicated plugins?
It's true! V4.x upgrade of Barricade is completely, utterly, and entirely worth it! Did I mention that it's a very credible upgrade and very worthwhile? *Grin.

TB_ReelBus 3.x is a dedicated tape emulation plug-in that surpasses many others of its kind - nevermind that the value vs. price aspect is ridiculously in the buyer's favor. Whilst a form of "Tape Saturation" is kindly included in Barricade 4.x 's input stage is a lovely bonus, but it does not fill the large shoes of the dedicated TB_ReelBus plug-in.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

Brother Charles wrote:It's true! V4.x upgrade of Barricade is completely, utterly, and entirely worth it!
Apart from the new GUI, which I personally find downright ugly. Toneboosters did a lot better on that in the past.

Meaning?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I think TB should include many more presets. The Bus Compressor for instance has just a dozen or so, compare that to Klanghelm plugins which have so many useful factory presets that even someone not familiar with all the parameters can make good use of Klanghelm plugins right out of the box.

You should know what to do

I care about the music as such, the whole production part is just a necessary evil to me, so I don't feel like getting into it, frankly. With effects I do appreciate useful factory presets.

Toneboosters for the win! I use the track EQ and track Compressor, and Bus Compressor all the time.

Just tried Barricade for the first time! I had no idea it was that versatile for limiting, compression, saturation etc. I just assumed it was a great basic limiter, but it is so much more than that! Can't believe I missed that one!

Twrogstudio wrote:Can't believe I missed that one!
Better late than never!

:tu:

I'm really curious to see what's the deal with this Spaces XXL thing coming up. The clip Jaroen posted on Facebook sounded pretty good. I'm assuming it's gonna be a replacement for TB Reverb but we'll see soon enough.

Return to “Effects”