Reverb Recommendation?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

totheatom wrote:I have an opportunity right now to purchase the two NI RC plugins (plus Razor) for $100 and I'm very tempted just to pull the trigger on that and call it a day.
Razor has a reverb - the best reverb I have heard included with a synth. But of course you can only use it on sounds coming out of Razor. :wink:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

spunkmuffin wrote:
totheatom wrote:I have an opportunity right now to purchase the two NI RC plugins (plus Razor) for $100 and I'm very tempted just to pull the trigger on that and call it a day.
Razor has a reverb - the best reverb I have heard included with a synth. But of course you can only use it on sounds coming out of Razor. :wink:
Not if you have Reaktor, I don't quite get the wink? There's absolutely no legal issues whatsoever with using parts of reaktor ensembles that you pay for in your studio. For any reverb in Reaktor it's trivial to rewire it as an effect. I suspect you know that, it's not a big deal really, just do it.

Is it different from the reverb that's in Spark? I don't have Razor, so I wouldn't know.

I think the Razor reverb is constructed out of manipulation of the sine bank, like the rest of Razor (except the distortion/dynamics modules). So you can't really take it out.

Hugely overlooked Ultrafunk Reverb, which was then used as FL Studio's Reeverb 2, is very good, super CPU-efficient and does justice to both little roomy tasks and very shimmery beautiful tails. THe result is not instant, but features are very good.
https://soundcloud.com/vospi
I love music, worked with a number of music/rhythm/dance games like Pump It Up, In The Groove, Cytus and Deemo, and teach music production.

BDeep wrote:I think the Razor reverb is constructed out of manipulation of the sine bank, like the rest of Razor (except the distortion/dynamics modules). So you can't really take it out.
Convolve it! :)
I love music, worked with a number of music/rhythm/dance games like Pump It Up, In The Groove, Cytus and Deemo, and teach music production.

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

I don't see it mentioned as frequently as some other models, but I am really liking Softube's TSAR, which I just picked up in their Vol 1 Package that I would highly recommend. The cost is about the price of one high-end Reverb model, and other really good processors such as the Summit TLA-100A Compressor are included -- as well as VIs like Modular & Heartbeat.

http://getthatprosound.com/the-10-best- ... the-world/

"Softube TSAR-1

Several of the plugins on this list could arguably lay claim to this category, but special mention has to go to Softube’s TSAR-1. A point worth noting about the TSAR-1 is that, unlike the UA EMT 140 Plate for example, it’s not a straight ’emulation’ of any one piece of celebrated vintage gear. Rather, it takes the common characteristics of much of the best-loved classics, and brings them all together with a highly useable, somehow ‘authentic’ sound (if that’s not an oxymoron?), and a very cool interface. The best of all worlds, and perhaps an example of where more plugin designers will (hopefully) go in the future."

I'm a big fan of UAD's EMT250 too.
* AKAI, KRK, UAD, Softube Vol 1, Soundtoys
* Live, Logic, Serum, Spire, Dune 2, Hive

BDeep wrote:I think the Razor reverb is constructed out of manipulation of the sine bank, like the rest of Razor (except the distortion/dynamics modules). So you can't really take it out.

I see.

Caine123 wrote: 1. i also got the R2 now but how big is the difference to R4 if you dont use surround stuff?

2. is there a nice preset maybe or a preset to start with to get such an INTENSE atmosphere?
1. R4 has quite a bit more features and capability than R2, you really have to at least try it. R4 is not surround, so I'm not sure what you're asking.

2. R4 comes with tons of presets (>1000) just like all Exponential Audio reverbs. I'm quite sure you'll find a starting point for just about anything.

replicant X wrote:
Vospi wrote:Hugely overlooked Ultrafunk Reverb, which was then used as FL Studio's Reeverb 2, is very good, super CPU-efficient and does justice to both little roomy tasks and very shimmery beautiful tails. THe result is not instant, but features are very good.
It's not overlooked.
Fruity Reeverb2 is only available in FL-plugin format.
No VST version is released.
Fruity Reeverb2 is not, but I just told you that Ultrafunk Reverb is absolutely the same algorithm, including all parameters and the result, too. I've null-tested these plugins, and I can state they're definitely the same thing inside.

So yes, this reverb is available in DX and VST format.

chk071 wrote:If you can wait a bit, consider Eventide UltraReverb too. It costs $199 now, but, i was able to grab it for only 87 € (i think) last Black Friday sale. Great workhorse allrdounder reverb, with a lot of algorithms, and options, and sounds fantastic to me (best reverb i've heard so far). It can tax your CPU a bit, but, i guess that's normal for such a sound quality.
As Eventide's UltraReverb is now at sale for 47 Bucks I'm thinking about to purchase it vs. Valhalla (Room/Vintage).

So, as "Price doesn't matter":

Although I think the tail of the UltraReverb sounds marginal more dense, I'm wondering why it's dry-signal is inmediately reduced when I grab the dry/wet slider slightly to wet? While the signal passed through the valhalla reverbs keeps full and stable until the mix gets >50% to the wet.

Anyone explanation or recommendation?

totheatom wrote:Appreciate the recommendation. I should have also mentioned that I have this weird aversion to anything associated with iLok, so that does limit my choices a bit, unfortunately.
Why not pull the trigger on both RCs plus Razor for a hundred. Very good choice IMO.
I'm not averse to dongles or CP myself but I'd rather avoid iLok too.

As Eventide's UltraReverb is now at sale for 47 Bucks I'm thinking about to purchase it vs. Valhalla (Room/Vintage).

Although I think the tail of the UltraReverb sounds marginal more dense, I'm wondering why it's dry-signal is inmediately reduced when I grab the dry/wet slider slightly to wet? While the signal passed through the valhalla reverbs sounds full and Rich until the mix gets >50% to the wet.

Pazzior wrote:As Eventide's UltraReverb is now at sale for 47 Bucks I'm thinking about to purchase it vs. Valhalla (Room/Vintage).

Although I think the tail of the UltraReverb sounds marginal more dense, I'm wondering why it's dry-signal is inmediately reduced when I grab the dry/wet slider slightly to wet? While the signal passed through the valhalla reverbs sounds full and Rich until the mix gets >50% to the wet.

My guess is that UltraVerb is using different crossfade math for its wet/dry mix. The Valhalla plugins use sine/cosine crossfades.

My general recommendation: Use a send for reverbs. This gives you more control over your wet level, allows you to send different instruments to the reverb for a more cohesive mix, allows you to further shape the reverb with EQ and dynamics processors, is more CPU efficient than using an insert per channel, and so forth.

Sean Costello

UVIs Sparkverb is great, too. And very nice to dial in

Return to “Effects”