Allomerus - Obelisk (Full Prog Version)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Everyone,

I decided we needed to make Obelisk longer. You might have seen the first 3:40 on a post I put up here previously.

J. Wegner: Guitar, Synths, Bass.
P. Wegner: Drums, Percussion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apuAmI3s2PY
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Wow...I loved it. Nice video footage and music. I thought they really connected as one and to me the video explains the idea behind the title and the music supports the video. Awesome... :tu:

the shot of the mist coming off the lake is awesome. you guys are great at this sort of thing, each playing off one another which gives the drums freedom to be a lead instrument just as guitar. the composition takes me back to that time we listened to songs that were the whole side of an album, letting things progress at their own time and space. nice job guys

That was cool!

Wonder who or what will observe what is left of us.

MBCDs wrote:Wow...I loved it. Nice video footage and music. I thought they really connected as one and to me the video explains the idea behind the title and the music supports the video. Awesome... :tu:
Thank you MBCD! I spent a bit of time on this, so it's always great when someone enjoys your stuff! All the best... :)
Bandcamp

wavephonic wrote:the shot of the mist coming off the lake is awesome. you guys are great at this sort of thing, each playing off one another which gives the drums freedom to be a lead instrument just as guitar. the composition takes me back to that time we listened to songs that were the whole side of an album, letting things progress at their own time and space. nice job guys
Thanks wavephonic! You got this track in one! I wanted to make this a slow burner like Floyd used to do... Also I wanted to let Paul's drumming be the lead instrument for a while. All the best! :)
Bandcamp

fastlanephil wrote:That was cool!

Wonder who or what will observe what is left of us.
Thanks Phil. Not sure if anyone will. Maybe it will be our iFriends. ;)
Bandcamp

Really cool Production!! Love it!!

Regards

Cool. Interesting and exciting ambiance. good mix and sounds.

Very original, it captured my attention for a while.
Great piece of work, it sounds very good in here

Nicely done
:tu:

Cheers

Fantastic arrangement/composition! I love how the visuals reflect the progression of the music. The mix is nice and clear but the drum seems to stand out in a strange way on smaller speakers (not so much in headphones or bigger monitors) and end up masking the bass in places. But that is a small critique. Otherwise it sounds great.

Thanks!

much enjoyed the extended additions here, especially the guitars. very pink floydish, chill cruise.i just sat back and let it unwind :)
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Great stuff. I liked all about this. It felt like a thriller in some places.

surreal wrote:Really cool Production!! Love it!!

Regards
Thank you surreal! Glad you enjoyed it. All the best... :)
Bandcamp

markkuja wrote:Cool. Interesting and exciting ambiance. good mix and sounds.
Thanks you Markku! Ambiance was one of the targets for this track. Glad you agree. All the best! :)
Bandcamp

Return to “Music Cafe”