NewSonicArts - Freestyle ...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Freestyle

Nahuel7C wrote:Can I achieve this with Freestyle?
Currently no I am afraid, at least not in the standalone. The standalone version is effectively the same as the plugin instrument version, meaning it does not receive any audio input. For live input processing your would need to use the FreestyleFX version in a host. This is something that is planned to be addressed in a future update however.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Ah, maybe it can't receive Midi Clock either? I am running the demo standalone and it isn't responding to clock with the EXT button engaged...

wilcofan wrote:Ah, maybe it can't receive Midi Clock either? I am running the demo standalone and it isn't responding to clock with the EXT button engaged...
No MIDI clock should be working fine in the standalone, provided EXT is engaged. Is the correct MIDI input port enabled in the Setup dialog?
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Are there any plans for Audio Unit plugin hosting?

No MIDI clock should be working fine in the standalone, provided EXT is engaged. Is the correct MIDI input port enabled in the Setup dialog?
The port is highlighted blue, along with the other port for input. Is there something else to do? I see no reference in the setup to Midi Clock.

I cant find the 32bit versions of freestyle/nuance ? need this on my live computer...can you please help me. "cannot expand "pf64" constant on this version of windows" ... i guess thats a 64bit program on 32bit system?

Soman wrote:Are there any plans for Audio Unit plugin hosting?
Its a very popular request and I would hope we will at some point, but I can not for sure at this time. Its not something we are working on at the moment, or will be in the immediate future, due to other priorities.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

wilcofan wrote:The port is highlighted blue, along with the other port for input. Is there something else to do? I see no reference in the setup to Midi Clock.
Turns out the external clock sync was broken (on OSX only) in the last release, its fixed now in the current Public Beta (in the User Area).
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

benjaminrosberg wrote:I cant find the 32bit versions of freestyle/nuance ? need this on my live computer...can you please help me.
There's a new Windows installer now that will run on pure 32bit systems, its the latest public beta in the User Area.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

The new v1.097 Public Beta also contains the first version of the EventPlayer module.

A quick demo can be seen here https://vimeo.com/210645847

For those interested, feel free to download the public beta from the User Area.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote:
Its a very popular request and I would hope we will at some point, but I can not for sure at this time. Its not something we are working on at the moment, or will be in the immediate future, due to other priorities.
Thank you for your answer! I really keep my thumbs pressed that you will begin to work on this soon. :)

I've started the - New Sonic Arts Unofficial User Group -

tips/tricks/preset exchange/future request suggestions/bug report

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1356301087764440/

please join...

that way we can post under different subjects, and not under one big thread

this thread is a bit messy :)

newsonicarts wrote:
New Sonic Arts would rule if you implement AU hosting in Freestyle :clap:
Please add this soon? :hug:

the 1.1 update was just released.
http://www.kvraudio.com/news/new-sonic- ... v1-1-37154

lots of good stuff in this but the one i noticed right away:
New EventPlayer module for internal sequencing, including support for .mid files.

which means that i can use it as a mini-DAW now. :)
i find it cumbersome to load a full DAW just to try out some ideas, A/B'ing plugins chains etc.

i own Patchwork and Minihost Modular but Freestyle has it's own internal clock.
very convenient!

i been playing with the demo but my credit card is itching real bad! lol :hyper:

Hi, there is a simple think id like to do: sending midi cc to change pitch in semitones it is very useful when we use a drum kit and play the notes using the keyboard and be able to transpose real time each single sound with use of cc.

The problem with nuance or freestyle is if I send 0 value is something like 0.25 in nuance and if id like to transpose 12 semitones up is something like 12.85 and everything sound out of tune...Very boring! I had to buy another vst sampler to do that!!!

For example if you assign cc to tuning on TAL sampler the cc are rounded to the right value 0 no transposition,12 octave,6 six semitones an so on (it as coarse tune for going in between).

With motu mach5 is possible to round each kind of midi values with help of a mapper is possible to adapt to our needs the size and the range of the value and use the integer function to round the value to numbers without decimals.

Can you tell me if there is a way to do that with nuance? did I miss something?

I would like to use Nuance for sampling tasks and running drum kits and design sound banks because Is the sampler who fit better my workflow however this problem make me let this instrument unused!

Please do something!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”