Cubase 9...oh god please no not daylight savings time

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

So you've been with Steinberg for over 10 years, yet ignore this "feature" with a workaround that puts the minds of Steinberg at ease. "hey, you fixed it - we didn't have to do anything, more time for us to mess up the design, window focus and keyswitches - everyone is happy".

Riiiight...
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:So you've been with Steinberg for over 10 years, yet ignore this "feature" with a workaround that puts the minds of Steinberg at ease. "hey, you fixed it - we didn't have to do anything, more time for us to mess up the design, window focus and keyswitches - everyone is happy".

Riiiight...
Arrogant mother's son, aren't you? A quick search of your posts tells me all I need to know about you. You like to blame others for a lot. You brow-beat people trying to sway them to your thinking, the list goes on and that's just what I got from the first page of results.The comments about the price of something or other were especially dear. I'm not having any of it, especially not from the likes of you.

As to the topic, I'm just smart enough to realize that in other places in the world there is no daylight savings. In places there are, there's no standard time change, it's do what you like. In at least one state here there are 4 or 5 different standards, some in neighboring counties. This makes the MS setting useless to begin with for a large portion of the world population and out of sync with what MS considers the norm for a good chunk of that number.If anything, the OS setting should be removed all together.

So, instead of whinging and moaning and typing thousands of words in as many threads as I can find about how unfair it all is, about something I know neither company is going to fix, when the simple un-checking of a box sorts everything, I choose to un-check the box and go on with making music. Doing otherwise is foolish, IMHO.

Said more than intended here, but wasn't about to knuckle to this bird's nonsense. He may think he's king sh*t and craps purple ice cream, little does he know it's not my flavor. 8)

bustedfist wrote:Arrogant mother's son, aren't you? A quick search of your posts tells me all I need to know about you. You like to blame others for a lot. You brow-beat people trying to sway them to your thinking, the list goes on and that's just what I got from the first page of results.The comments about the price of something or other were especially dear. I'm not having any of it, especially not from the likes of you.
Wow... I got a new fan... it's so nice to meet you. [/annoying voice]
I give autographs every Monday and Wednesday. :tu:

Looks like you stepped up from your mother's basement - since you didn't use your account from May 2008 until March 2017 and all. Probably weren't allowed to during that time. Still hiding behind an alias though. :roll:

[/sarcasm] *yeah - I can also send out low blows. And just as a sidenote - but I'm doing just a tiny little bit more than just barking up developer's trees - then again, it's so easy to ignore all of that and only see the negative in the sh*tload of old bumped threads in the phpBB ego-search for a particular user - right?*

bustedfist wrote:As to the topic, I'm just smart enough to realize that in other places in the world there is no daylight savings. In places there are, there's no standard time change, it's do what you like. In at least one state here there are 4 or 5 different standards, some in neighboring counties. This makes the MS setting useless to begin with for a large portion of the world population and out of sync with what MS considers the norm for a good chunk of that number.If anything, the OS setting should be removed all together.
You're American, Australian or European? Oh wait, doesn't Australia have the messed up time zones in half-hour steps? Or was that more closer to New Zealand? The "bollocks" is a hint at British roots, is it not?

If you really want to blame somebody, then it's the old top-hats that started that daylight saving time nonsense in the first place. Want it to end, sign up a petition like the MILLIONS OF OTHER PEOPLE out there insisting that we don't need that anymore (which never really did anything to save light/power anyway - only produce extra money in the pockets for the industry - DST has actually vanished for a couple of years in Germany - until some egg-head was like "we need more money, let's get that old DST thing back!")

bustedfist wrote:So, instead of whinging and moaning and typing thousands of words in as many threads as I can find about how unfair it all is, about something I know neither company is going to fix, when the simple un-checking of a box sorts everything, I choose to un-check the box and go on with making music. Doing otherwise is foolish, IMHO.
Question for you - maybe you can solve that riddle. :?:
No dancing around defending the company in question though... :uhuhuh:

How is it, that only Steinberg Cubase suffers from this issue while Steinberg Wavelab on the other hand (same house, different programmer) does not?

I don't have Nuendo at hand to compare - but it uses the Cubase engine. And I didn't hear anything from S1, Sonar, FL Studio, ProTools or Logic.

So who is ultimately to blame?
The users, or the company that created this host with that excellent feature?

I'd say the latter.

And in fact, one Steinberg "representative" in this very own forum, even confirms that it's "considered a bug" but not "important enough to fix" (even though that hurt the already slightly grazed reputation of his company - bad press is press regardless I guess). For 9 Cubase versions post the Cubase VST branch btw (which didn't "suffer" this issue - as VST Plugins weren't that big of a deal in the 90ies yet - that boom kicked off around the turn of the millennia)! :dog:

bustedfist wrote:Said more than intended here, but wasn't about to knuckle to this bird's nonsense. He may think he's king sh*t and craps purple ice cream, little does he know it's not my flavor. 8)
Oh look, people! Another cat around this block trying to act cool. Complete with shades and everything.

Meh, I'm probably on his "foe's list" now anyway.
Whatever... vented my frustration, added to the discussion in the process (that the "issue" is still present) - got better things to do than debate who is ultimately the better user here on KVR. :shrug:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

As to the mother's basement comment. My relatives went over twice during the first half of the 20th century to teach yours manners, I know a lost cause when I see one, Gerry.

I hear your mom in the background demanding you give her computer back so she can play candy crunch.

Classic German Gestapo bullshit from a clown, nothing more to see here.

You called out nationality, want to keep going, Herr Himmler or is it Goebbels.

You just crossed a very, very fine line that I'm NOT playing along with...

I'm now involving the admins of this forum.
Good job since your comeback. This is the userbase I want to hang around with... not!

Enjoy your apparently bug/issue free Cubase.

Crybaby takes his ball and runs home to mommy.

You called me out for simply posting an opinion that was on topic.

Who do you think you are?

You demanded to see my papers and determined they weren't in order.I never asked for yours.

It's your history, why run from it? I never said anything about another German, just you specifically. You seemed determined to attack me but now you don't like the return fire.

Again, you're the only German I'm calling out. Majority of the rest seem to have learned their lesson. And again, you pulled the race card, now you want to shove it back in the deck.

Regardless what the mods do or don't, I'm calling you for the pussy you are.

Bustedfist, under no circumstances is there a need for that sort of retaliation. It implies a lot about your character when you present arguments like the ones you just did, and think it's a good idea or an appropriate response -- no matter what the circumstances. In other words, if you think someone behaved inappropriately towards you, it's not a "be a jerk for free" card for you in return, anywhere. There are so much more constructive ways to deal with a situation like that.

True. In my case, it was to mute Compyfox entirely. ;)

Why? We have WWI+II programs on around the clock over here, no one gets their panties in a bunch.

Funny how the people responsible claim foul when bringing up something they did. Seems they just want history to forget instead of facing up to the past.

Those that forget the past are bound to repeat it. Let's say I'm doing my part to make sure that doesn't happen.

Millions lost their lives and it's not to be spoken of? Why, exactly?

Funny it's OK for him to say whatever he wants about me, but as soon as the shoe's on the other foot...

There's no malice on my part. I researched his posts before responding and all I found was a forum bully. Only way to combat a bully is to give it right back at him.

Done with this thread, said what I said and meant it. Consequences be damned. Think it's going to lose me sleep regardless the outcome? Not!

bustedfist wrote:Only way to combat a bully is to give it right back at him.
No, it's not.

I see a comment after I posted...

I don't foe people.

I said what I said for all the others that wished they had the 'nads to say what I said to him, not for personal relief. Can't stand bullies and will call them on their bullshite at every opportunity. A stand up for someone what can't stand up for themselves deal.

Wonder which Stalag I'll be sent to. Hopefully Schultz is my guard.

bustedfist wrote:Crybaby takes his ball and runs home to mommy.
The more you post, especially in this manner, the worse you make it.

Also considering your follow up post - "Those that forget the past are bound to repeat it." - how delusional are you even to connect a discussion about a host with discussions about WW II after very bad insulting commentary to be a "Herr Himmler" that you kicked off in the first place!

I can only shake my head about this.

bustedfist wrote:You called me out for simply posting an opinion that was on topic.
Yes - I did. Because there are many free riders as of late on this forum (and not only here) that only lurk in threads and literally wait to put others into their places. Yet those people DO NOT have the experience of those that are in the discussion, neither do they care about the topic. They just want to profile themselves (chk071 being a prime example - he's on "lite versions" of Steinberg software, btw).

Steinberg threads especially have a tendency to result into instant slug-fests and the usual-usual "I don't have that problem, STFU you <insert insult/stupid argument here>", especially from fairly new users. Or those that tend to ignore long-known issues, or those that don't even use(!!!) the (now called) Pro versions.

And you have you admit, you instantly turned this into insults. So, great job.

bustedfist wrote:Who do you think you are?
Actually... who do you think you are?!

Your account might be from 2007, you might be a long-time Steinberg user (maybe not as long as some of us, but I'm not bragging). But your attitude in this thread alone, has a lot to ask for.

bustedfist wrote:You demanded to see my papers and determined they weren't in order.I never asked for yours.
Again - I asked for a REASON if you're a long term Steinberg user.
Context matters.

bustedfist wrote:It's your history, why run from it? I never said anything about another German, just you specifically. You seemed determined to attack me but now you don't like the return fire.
No, I pulled a "mom's basement joke" (even made it clear that it was sarcasm!). My commentary on the Time Zones and "British Roots" is nothing negative. In fact, I am more than confused myself as to where what Time Zone resides, when each zone shifts, etc. I find that whole concept absolute useless.

And even though I work with international clients - I do 18 hours shifts at ungodly hours (parallel to more comfortable hours for my international contacts)... I'm not infallible - I can't know everything.

And if you only run along with an "avatar name" and no country - I can only make assumptions. Apparently, you don't like that.

bustedfist wrote:Again, you're the only German I'm calling out. Majority of the rest seem to have learned their lesson. And again, you pulled the race card, now you want to shove it back in the deck.
You called the race card in the first place - on top of your unadjusted insults.
So I'd take a HUGE STEP BACK now... for your own sake!

bustedfist wrote:Regardless what the mods do or don't, I'm calling you for the pussy you are.
And I reported you... now for the third time...

This forum has rules - and one of them is to treat other users with respect. You... stepped way beyond your boundaries. And I'm putting an end to it.

Usually, I invite people that have issues with me over to my place, have a nice cup of tea/coffee/cocoa... talk things through. Ask if you're still brave enough to insult me in person other than hiding behind an Alias on a public web forum. But I guess I'm making an exception here... no cookie for you.

Enjoy your stay on KVR Audio.

And to all others - I'm sorry.

I'm also sorry for your Cubase issues that will probably NOT see a fix in the forseeable future. Workarounds good and fine. But mess with the Clock Manually, and then have 10+ other companies asking you to re-register your C/R license... What a great way to handle this.

chk071 wrote:True. In my case, it was to mute Compyfox entirely. ;)
Comes from the person who pulls the "(I'm acting stupid on purpose) please help me / why this/that?" card all the time, then if something doesn't go his way, turns the words from others around and derails threads until infinity.

TBH, i can only laugh about those WW 2 and third Reich mentions, especially as it has been 70 years ago now, and not even my parents, or grandparents had anything to do with it, and the pure mentioning, and insertion of this thing seems very immature... don't think i even care though, as i don't feel adressed anyway. Maybe you're talking about someone, or something else. :shrug:

As mentioned though, i would think the better way is to just mute the respective person though. That's much better than making foolish statements about his nationality.

bustedfist wrote:I said what I said for all the others that wished they had the 'nads to say what I said to him, not for personal relief.
Again, the way you handle this doesn't involve courage; it's an immature response to an unpleasant situation, starting to throw low insults back at someone. Standing up for someone who can't stand up for themselves is something else entirely.

For my own sake??? You threatening me?
Because there are many free riders as of late on this forum (and not only here) that only lurk in threads and literally wait to put others into their places. Yet those people DO NOT have the experience of those that are in the discussion, neither do they care about the topic. They just want to profile themselves
Who the F*CK are you to opine on peoples motives? You have a higher esteem of self than I can believe. You're a joke. I'll bet you dress as Adolph and roam around the house in full costume.

God help the cat if it doesn't shit in the precisely cordoned spot in the litter box. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm watching all the Looney Tunes propaganda cartoons on youtube ATM. You fit every one.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”