MAGIX Music Maker - The free full version

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:I can load up the Indepence Basic package into Engine 2
Thanks. I don't have any instruments that use Engine 2, but I'm guessing the advantage to this is being able to access multiple instruments from one interface? Is any functionality gained or lost by using it?

Right about the scanning for plugins in MMM, I downloaded the utility to check everything was running smooth. It caused a few hiccups in the form it was presented, so I deleted some of the contents and moved some folders to make it easier to use.

Once I was happy it worked, I sent off a pm to the member who put it together asking for permission to repackage and share. He might even drop in himself.

telecharge wrote:Thanks. I don't have any instruments that use Engine 2, but I'm guessing the advantage to this is being able to access multiple instruments from one interface? Is any functionality gained or lost by using it?
There used to be cut down demos at Best Service of libs they release for Engine 2, like Desert Wind and Synthwerk. All in all almost 4GB sample content and over 100 patches, which makes it a nice little rompler.

I prefer the interface of Engine 2 over Independence, and don't want to install Indy Free just to use the free package.

I don't think Independence allows scripted GUIs for libs, while Engine 2 does.

In Engine 2 I can only use the generic controls to modify the patches in the Indy Free package, but I don't think anything is lost by using it in Engine 2 nevertheless.

Thanks go to TabSel the creator who has given me the ok to share this adaptation of PluginManager.
As I mentioned earlier I deleted a few files and rearranged a couple of folders so that it easier to use with MMM.

Essentially you scan your plugins with PluginManager, drop the results into MMM and that in turn scans the results to give you access to 3rd party plugins.

Instructions are here and also in the download.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H7y ... sp=sharing

Here is the download;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mm3iihdle2wxa ... n.zip?dl=0

Original PluginManager by TabSel
https://www.familiekraft.de/PluginManager/

You can also just drop plugins into the appropriate folder in MMM if you only have one or two you want access to.

Thanks again, Numanoid.

Nice share, bob bobwood (and TabSel). I doubt I'll use it, but it's nice to have the option.

Well, I like Independence, and I like Engine (both for different things, basically), and while they're not directly related to this DAW, it seems to be more trouble than it's worth, especially if you can't play more than a couple of tracks.

Thanks for the heads-up, gang. I think I'll pass....

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Thanks to TabSel and Bob for letting us know about this utility. I was testing things this afternoon and I'm able to load in all of my VSTis in Magix Music Maker now, however, I find that I can't seem to find a way to load in VST effects. :? I can load in the effects built in to Magix. Maybe I'm probably overlooking something obvious? Is there a way to do this? Thanks again.

In my opinion, this free version will be very nice for beginners, Music Maker's loop based production is very simple, and the program can even arrange a song for you, so it won't be frustrating for someone with no previous experience.

8 tracks are enough for beginners, and for singers/songwriters who just need to craft quick demos, and although VST support can be essential for experienced users, someone who is just starting doesn't really need to worry about that.

The included effects are also beginner friendly, with a (sort of) intuitive graphical interface, and knobs for more advanced users. I would not expect world class effects from such a basic program, but they don't sound bad at all, and a beginner can use them to learn what a compressor or an EQ does to the sound.

I'm not 100% sure if the Vandal SE guitar amp is included with the free version (I also own Music Maker Live, so it was already on my computer), but it works with it (unlike the other instruments, so I imagine it comes with the free one), if it is included, this is the most guitar friendly freebie out there :tu:

It could include more instruments, specially for non electronic musicians, as Vita comes only with acoustic drums, that is maybe the only thing I really think Magix should improve (but they want to sell their $29.99 instruments, so they will probably leave it as is...)

If you are not a beginner, and you are comfortable with a more advanced DAW, this is not for you, but I think this is quite nice for those who need a first DAW.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”