Call for more security in the Sell & Buy forum

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ben [KVR] wrote: Whilst "fifty-post/1-year" seems a bit extreme, I agree, we should implement some entry level requirement.
It may not have been obvious but that was either/or. But yeah, I went for the high end of the scale.
How about 10 posts plus 30 days as a member?
10 posts is easy enough to 'me too' in fifteen minutes, as our ongoing hordes of spammers seem to have worked out. But as well as 30 days membership. Hmmm, maybe; is it enough to put people off 'preparing in advance,' dunno. Maybe 10 posts and sixty days?

And a 'kvr-untrusted' avatar. :lol:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

maybe a voting system XD

A minimum post count, or "registered since..." sounds good, yet, some more problems could arise with that. KVR already has some guys now who post stuff like "Ok." "Nice." "I agree." to get 5 posts to be able to post links without a warning, so, the same could happen to acquire the necessary post count to be able to deal here... dunno if it's appropriate really, but, better than nothing, i guess.

chk071 wrote:A minimum post count, or "registered since..." sounds good, yet, some more problems could arise with that. KVR already has some guys now who post stuff like "Ok." "Nice." "I agree." to get 5 posts to be able to post links without a warning, so, the same could happen to acquire the necessary post count to be able to deal here... dunno if it's appropriate really, but, better than nothing, i guess.
yeah, that's why I think Ben's idea of requiring both makes sense, just that the numbers could be higher. Enough to dissuade the 'fast buck' scammers, and giving a 'paper trail' of posts that would be a clue as to how likely it was the poster was genuine.

Ben [KVR] wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:Ive reported that Virus thread, too similar to another for my comfort. Zero-previous-posts and a ridiculously low selling price dont add up.

So I basically agree; to my mind, if we've got a 5-post minimum for being able to post links, we should have something similar on being able to sell stuff. Something that'll help let us spot obviously 'fake' accounts with no-content posts, like a fifty-post/1-year minimum.
Whilst "fifty-post/1-year" seems a bit extreme, I agree, we should implement some entry level requirement.

How about 10 posts plus 30 days as a member?
So glad you've weighed in on this, and are in agreement. The buy/sell thread is such a fantastic place, and it is really important to safeguard members, and the space itself.

I agree that 50/1yr is a little too much, but I think 10/30 is erring on the side of not enough. How about 20/30, with both needing to be reached. This will have the dual effect of bringing a little more security. but also increasing our numbers with people who are interested in being a part of the community, rather than just looking for somewhere to make a buck.

One other suggestion: Is it possible to have a dialog box pop up when posting a sales thread, similar to that which reminds us of the 48-hour bump minimum? This could be just a simple link to the pinned thread regarding safety, or, better still, a summary of salient points e.g Never dealing with PP gift, etc. etc.

:tu:

whyterabbyt wrote:yeah, that's why I think Ben's idea of requiring both makes sense, just that the numbers could be higher. Enough to dissuade the 'fast buck' scammers, and giving a 'paper trail' of posts that would be a clue as to how likely it was the poster was genuine.
:tu:

30 days, and 10-20 posts definitely sounds good.

I see the cheap Virus thread has gone and the seller has been banned; guess there was something iffy that the mods could corroborate immediately.

chk071 wrote:The way i see it, more and more people are getting ripped off here lately.
I don't see that at all?

Posts in feedback thread are only positive, must be over 30 thums up posts there just over the last couple of days.

Return to “Site Stuff”