AudioThing releases The Orb - Formant Filter - Update v1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Orb

stardustmedia wrote:Offcourse it should work on AudioThing plugins, only on competitor's plugins :D
Ahah, yeah that would be a good strategy! :D

Meanwhile, new audio demo featuring some strings and synths: https://soundcloud.com/audiothing/the-orb-demo-3
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

A very cut down version The Orb CM will be included with issue 241, shipping Feb 22nd.
Last edited by Numanoid on Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:A very cut down version The Orb CM will be included with issue 241, shipping Feb 22nd.
:party:

Oh, I almost forgot to post this video overview by Producer Joshua Casper, thanks to Plugin Boutique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmyQHKgxOQo

Numanoid wrote:A very cut down version The Orb CM will be included with issue 241, shipping Feb 22nd.

Nice! I'll have to keep an eye out for this! Any feedback from people who own this yet?

journey33 wrote:Nice! I'll have to keep an eye out for this! Any feedback from people who own this yet?
I would advice to get the full version, it is keenly priced, and has lodsamore functions than the skimpy CM version.

Putting them side by side, one can see how much more features are in the full version:

Update v1.0.1
  • Extended LFO rate range from 0.01Hz to 2kHz (enable from More button)
  • Improved CPU performance
  • Fixed Vowel Editor default number bug
  • Fixed Pro Tools stepped automation bug
To update, please login to your account (or signup here if you haven't already).

Beautiful design!

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Registered and downloaded, despite that quite irritating Captcha thing.
(first time: you are not a registered user, second time registering and third time to to log in... that's a bit too much!)

Thanks for the update!
The Orb is indeed an inspiring effect!
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

DrGonzo wrote:Beautiful design!

/C
Thank you!
ErikH wrote:Registered and downloaded, despite that quite irritating Captcha thing.
(first time: you are not a registered user, second time registering and third time to to log in... that's a bit too much!)

Thanks for the update!
The Orb is indeed an inspiring effect!
Thanks for the feedback. Most of the time the captcha (google's recaptcha) requires just a click. I'll try to find an easier solution.

Thanks.

I understand these captcha's are the new fashion, but to 'log in' - I assumed that by buying I had an account and the warning of this not being so came at the very end of the procedure - I had to wade through four sets of photographs (to me, the pole to which a traffic sign is fixed is *not* a traffic sign)

At registration another two sets of photographs and then, yes, I had to log in, meaning once again two photographs.

This has got nothing to do with te quality of your plugins. Only with wasted time.

I suppose a login with good password and a good serial are enough protection against thieves.

ErikH wrote:Thanks.

I understand these captcha's are the new fashion, but to 'log in' - I assumed that by buying I had an account and the warning of this not being so came at the very end of the procedure - I had to wade through four sets of photographs (to me, the pole to which a traffic sign is fixed is *not* a traffic sign)

At registration another two sets of photographs and then, yes, I had to log in, meaning once again two photographs.

This has got nothing to do with te quality of your plugins. Only with wasted time.

I suppose a login with good password and a good serial are enough protection against thieves.
Yeah, that's definitely annoying. Very strange though, as in all my tests (even with proxies and different browsers) the photograph test happened very rarely. I don't have any control over that as it's Google's reCaptcha.
Anyway, I've changed it to a less annoying and more transparent check (server side). It should be better now, but feel free to share your thoughts if there's something else we can improve.

... amazing... insane orb ! :love:

Thanks for being such a good dev!

A more practical question though: would it be possible to add some consonants in the future? Not all - I see no use for the short ones, but something like Mmmmmmmmmmm and Sssssssss and Lllllllllllll.

I mean I would love to have it do Mmmm for Ommmmmmm, Sssss for Parseltongue and Llll for vocal overtone effects.
Just an idea.

You could eventually also do it as an extension, not as an update.

ErikH wrote:A more practical question though: would it be possible to add some consonants in the future?
I honestly haven't researched consonants, but I guess they use a similar formant structure (and maybe notches along with normal formants). It could be an idea, I'll look into it.

Meanwhile you can always experiment using custom formants (clicking on the edit button in the UI).

Return to “Effects”