Reaper question (newbie)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kmonkey wrote:
BertKoor wrote:
kmonkey wrote:i am stuck on guessing which key range should represent velocity of 100.
Well.. if you play a midi controller keyboard, how do you know?
I don't believe it or not. I use sequencers hardware and software - to make sequences. That's how i started. Sure i use Keyboard. But on sequencers (even HW ones) - starting vel is 100 or 90 and that's what my mind kinda starting with.

It does not matter. I just discovered there is a Python scripting language.

I disagree with user mentioned i should customize as less i can.

This Reaper is mind blowing. I can create my own toolbars, i can create my own midi tools i can customize it to be exactly what i want it to be.

Mind clusterf*** of lord this is serious toy!!! I need to be careful to not waste too much of time digging in to it.

Wonderful piece of software. Whoever created it. And i lived under some rock. No seriously i could not click with it with default skin. I am using WT Brawn bespoke and it is super cool. So much to discover. Seriously under priced software.

Btw what the hell is this performance - i can run so much more then in other DAW...
Customizing can be pretty addictive. I spent a lot of time trying various themes and configurations but you need the icons and buttons that matches the theme ! These days I'm only using Paulie theme and get more work done. I get to a friend's place and they don't customize nothing ! I end up importing my toolbars or my config wherever I go...then I get a rant what are all those buttons ??
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

The velocity of a newly added note should always be that of the currently selected note.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:The velocity of a newly added note should always be that of the currently selected note.
But it isn't here. It's always bloody 127, no matter what's selected.

I think Reaper is great - except for its MIDI editor.

Try to do the same thing OP did - alt+drag on the MIDI note instead. And you can still select a new default velocity by clicking somewhere on piano roll. Do these things and it might unf*ck itself. :)

Andywanders wrote:
jens wrote:The velocity of a newly added note should always be that of the currently selected note.
But it isn't here. It's always bloody 127, no matter what's selected.
Here it's the velocity of the last selected note.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”