soft synth for kingkorg

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had to sell my kingkorg 2 years ago due to the space limitation after moving into a well-trated, small studio. Lost chunks of space for better sound quality for monitoring, so no regret there for sure.. At the time of my KK sale, I didn't really think about which soft synth would be ideal to replace it, as it wasn't my go-to, but I somehow am beginning to miss the sound of it. Buying it again is not an option, and won't be for awhile, so I'm trying to find myself a software that can best replace this. The workflow doesn't have to be the same, but the sound is what matters the most (KK menu diving wasn't fun in the first place anyways, nor do I own an iPad).

Thx in advance :wink:

Just listened to a Youtube demo. Wow, sounds very nice. Judging by the sound, and the filters, i guess Diva would be an option, because it also has a Minimoog, and MS-20 filter, and also can sound pretty thick, and fat, if the King Korg sounds as fat as in the demo i listened to. I think Diva would be a good option, if you're looking for that kind of sound.

U-he's Diva is probably your most obvious answer, just for the variety of oscillators and filters alone. You may want to also check out the Xils Lab PolyKB III, as it is the latest VA poly synth of extremery high quality- the PolyKB demo is fully functioning (only save disabled), with no static bursts, no periodic audio dropouts, and no time limit. It's at the top of my "next purchase" list. Two very notable VA mono-synths worth looking at would be the Synapse Legend, and the U-he RePro-1. There are a few other good ones out there like Serum, Icarus, Spire, and Dune 2 as well. Really, you couldn't go wrong with ANY ONE of the above (though the mono-synths are obviously limited to one voice, their sound can't be beat). Take the time out to download some demos to see for what would work for you. They all have something unique to offer

+1 for Diva.

I did spent some time with King Korg at the shop, and I felt it the perfect replacement for Diva! So, I guess the other way around is also legit!

Diva has the MS-20 filter and oscillators (as I remember). You can also consider Korg MS-20 in the legacy collection, but the interface is annoying.

If I remember right the king korg engine came from the radias, which came from the Oasis.

I sold my King Korg after doing a head to head comparison with Diva. The my ears, Diva sounded just as good or better, and more important to me, more interesting.

Return to “Instruments”