New song I made, What genre would you say it is?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gothic Indie Pop with a strong reverence to The Cure and some Depeche Mode indeed. needs a catchy vocal arrangement and a more decent bass mix. Great track!
"It dreamed itself along"

Lets hear it for NO dynamic range! :party:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Vortifex wrote:Hmm. Well, when the guitar sample came in I'd say it reminded me of industrial pop similar to Depeche Mode. I think the floaty synth chords you put in dont really fit the track. You actually have the workings of a decent pop song there. Needs some vocals.
I just recently started messing with side-chaining pads. Do you think that pad with side-chaining sounds good in the verse/prechorus? but I should take it out of the chorus? Or should i get rid of the side-chaining in all of the track? Thanks for the feedback!

Not a genre expert but I'd call it Darkwave.

It's like if the Cure and Depeche Mode made a song together ...

fedexnman wrote:It's like if the Cure and Depeche Mode made a song together ...
Listened to The Cure when i was a teenager a lot. Weird people keep saying Depeche Mode though, I actually cant stand Depeche Mode, There isn't a song I've heard by Depeche Mode that I even like at all. Maybe I should check out Depeche Modes first album, that's usually every bands best or what Depeche Mode songs would you guys recommend checking out?

I like most Depeche Mode prior to Violator . It's probably the synth sounds in the song .... I kinda like it . Put some vocals on it ...

fedexnman wrote:I like most Depeche Mode prior to Violator . It's probably the synth sounds in the song .... I kinda like it . Put some vocals on it ...
I cant sing and don't really know where to find singers to work with. I'd like to know where to find singers, any suggestions?

Much closer to Fadgadget imo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byGG6X7jIBI

Richard deHove wrote:Much closer to Fadgadget imo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byGG6X7jIBI
I stay up all night usually, and never see the stars lol. Collapsing New People is pretty good i like it.

Return to “Music Cafe”