The Spire Serum Dune 2 Massive Myopic Mess

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyway, now that I can see the GUI, diving into this thing and like what I'm hearing. It's sound is different from Dune 2, Massive and Serum. in fact, when you dive into all 4, they all have their own little quirks. My favorite of the 4 is still Dune 2 but will work with Spire for a decent amount of time before I make that official.

shonoob wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:So, what is the point of this thread? 8)
what is the point of anything
Well, usually people want to know one thing or another when they open threads... :wink:

And it looks like Wag's rant/opinion has taken a u-turn, which has happened with other synths as well if I remember correctly. :hihi:

wagtunes wrote:Anyway, now that I can see the GUI, diving into this thing and like what I'm hearing. It's sound is different from Dune 2, Massive and Serum. in fact, when you dive into all 4, they all have their own little quirks. My favorite of the 4 is still Dune 2 but will work with Spire for a decent amount of time before I make that official.

Massive and spire are a lot of like. Both harsh digital wave sweeping bass line EDM stuff. Spite can do a lot more of the analog side due to the filters but it needs to be cleaned up in a bad way. I'm expecting a nice update in the not to distant future.

Dasheesh wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Anyway, now that I can see the GUI, diving into this thing and like what I'm hearing. It's sound is different from Dune 2, Massive and Serum. in fact, when you dive into all 4, they all have their own little quirks. My favorite of the 4 is still Dune 2 but will work with Spire for a decent amount of time before I make that official.

Massive and spire are a lot of like. Both harsh digital wave sweeping bass line EDM stuff. Spite can do a lot more of the analog side due to the filters but it needs to be cleaned up in a bad way.
Man, you couldn't be more wrong. :D

Diva

chk071 wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:

Massive and spire are a lot of like. Both harsh digital wave sweeping bass line EDM stuff. Spite can do a lot more of the analog side due to the filters but it needs to be cleaned up in a bad way.
Man, you couldn't be more wrong. :D
I've learned to kind of take what he says with a very small grain of salt.

Oh, by the way, I'm really loving this thing.

Now I can show people that Spire can be something other than a wub wub, supersaw machine.

This bank may not sell but I'm sure gonna enjoy using it. LOL.

Spire is really good. I like its versatility, and for tight, punchy sounds. But sometimes I hear way too much aggressive, harsh, effects loaded sounds from EDM sound designers.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

wagtunes wrote:
chk071 wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:
wagtunes wrote:This bank may not sell but I'm sure gonna enjoy using it. LOL.
If that is the point of this thread, it isn't even close to LOL.

bob bobwood wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
chk071 wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:
wagtunes wrote:This bank may not sell but I'm sure gonna enjoy using it. LOL.
If that is the point of this thread, it isn't even close to LOL.
No, because I had absolutely no intention of buying what I considered an overpriced me too wub wub supersaw synth. None. So I'm totally surprised that I now own this thing.

And no, I have no intention of making yet ANOTHER EDM preset machine.

So yeah, I'll pretty much be making this for my own use and maybe, if I'm lucky, 2 other people.

And I'm perfectly fine with that because this thing sounds great and is a joy to program now that I can see what I'm doing.

Fine..close the thread please.

Spire is pretty much and EDM preset machine. BUT, it is so versatile, and it will deviate from typical EDM if you wish.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

exmatproton wrote:Fine..close the thread please.
Oh, I'm sorry. Did somebody make you the boss of what threads stay open and get closed?

Guess i should post snippets of the sounds i'm making with Spire sometimes. Everyone seems to think just because 95% of soundsets for it are EDM related, that you can only get EDM out of it. ;) (which sounds damn good with it BTW, just like many other things)

EDM? Just as long as you don't use the cardinal sin of EDM :uhuhuh:

wagtunes wrote:
exmatproton wrote:Fine..close the thread please.
Oh, I'm sorry. Did somebody make you the boss of what threads stay open and get closed?
Nope..just asking...since this is just another discussion to discus thread...If you so hardly want to leave it open...whatever...

Return to “Instruments”