bitwig 2 is here

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Catalyzer MeowSynth

chk071 wrote:
elxsound wrote: What kind of a statement is this anyways? Did you think before you wrote it?
Well, what is Bitwig's reputation then?
What does it mean to you?

krixa wrote:The main big thing for me now is the new subscription model which really makes Bitwig expensive. Like should I now pay 159 euros for bug fixes and resizable tracks and a spectrum analyzer? :scared:
No, you absolutely should not.

Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He said the upgrade is now 179???????? Child please, more cat pics!!!!!!!!!!

Two other thoughts,

-I'm sick of the modulation BS :lol:
-One of the problems with being so old, is everyone else is so f**king young now!!!!!!!

In the 2nd video, Claes's answer to the question re: why isn't the long advertised modular access in v2 ... :lol: :roll:

dude has a career in politics if things don't work out with Bitwig. Not quite prime minister level, not slick enough for that, but definitely wouldn't sound out of place amongst fellow bumbling cabinet ministers.

Daags wrote:In the 2nd video, Claes's answer to the question re: why isn't the long advertised modular access in v2 ... :lol: :roll:

dude has a career in politics if things don't work out with Bitwig. Not quite prime minister level, not slick enough for that, but definitely wouldn't sound out of place amongst fellow bumbling cabinet ministers.
Yeah, he even says in there "we made the modulators in our modular environment" which would seem to imply that it has a somewhat powerful visual layer as well. I think that it's never really been a stable modular environment, that they're working towards that but when they try to build things in it they run into limitations and have to back and refactor major parts of it.

Or maybe that only some of it is done in their modular environment.

In any case, I wish them luck. I'm not really that interested in it as much as I was when it came out and I expected version 2.0 to be released in about a year or so.

It would be nice if some people on here would remember that the people at Bitwig and people on this forum are people too. It's great to give feedback and everything but I personally don't like to see people attacked and ridiculed on a personal level. You never know what a person is already dealing with in life and then for them to come on here and see so much negativity towards them.. it's gross. YES.. definately be vocal about your thoughts on their pricing model and features. Great. But the personal attack thing is stupid.

It's a forum, it's 2017, where you been living ?
Kids own the forums now, as soon as you point out a fact, the insults will fly and the moderators will ignore (Especially here lately ? )
Problem is that KVR is now a commercial enterprise first and foremost "Ban me and i will not buy from your store" will definitely be in their minds.
Duh

Yes, I suspect from the behaviour I have seem that the average age is under 16. Not that all under 16s are rude and petulant and immature, but that is certainly what we are seeing at KVR lately.

Its not a forum thing, its a KVR thing, go over to say Muff Wigglers (where I guess there are less kids as hardware cant be torrented!) and you will generally only find friendly, helpful and respectful people.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

bungle wrote:It's a forum, it's 2017, where you been living ?
Kids own the forums now, as soon as you point out a fact, the insults will fly and the moderators will ignore (Especially here lately ? )
Problem is that KVR is now a commercial enterprise first and foremost "Ban me and i will not buy from your store" will definitely be in their minds.
That and also the censorship thing always backfires. it would be hard to maintain a balance on a popular forum like Kvr without pissing someone off. It also seems like more and more accounts are just people who work for certain companies posting with an agenda. No matter what is said. You can spot them a mile away. Add to that people trolling for laughs to get things off topic. Or to get a thread locked.. Some of those are most likely people who work for certain companies. So they can derail any bad press or talk bad about competing companies.

The internet is crazy :) good and bad

SLiC wrote:Yes, I suspect from the behaviour I have seem that the average age is under 16. Not that all under 16s are rude and petulant and immature, but that is certainly what we are seeing at KVR lately.
I was always under the impression that KVR was mostly middle aged men? I know that many of the regulars are older guys.

You guys are just piggybacking each other's posts.

Outsides of a very few gecko and cat pics, the majority of posts have been about vocalizing opinions. The majority of this thread has been on point. Highly critical yes, but on point.

So to accuse the majority of KVR as being childish based on so few post is not only lazy, immature and disrespectful but also hypocritical.

You can tell by their sign up date :) I had an account on here in the beginning and forgot my login email stuff way back and just made a new one back in like 06. I'm always weary of someone posting from a newer account. Which isn't always fair.

elxsound wrote:You guys are just piggybacking each other's posts.

Outsides of a very few gecko and cat pics, the majority of posts have been about vocalizing opinions. The majority of this thread has been on point. Highly critical yes, but on point.

So to accuse the majority of KVR as being childish based on so few post is not only lazy, immature and disrespectful but also hypocritical.
Definately NOT the majority. I'd say the minority. Most people on here are extremely helpful and great people.

SLiC wrote:Yes, I suspect from the behaviour I have seem that the average age is under 16. Not that all under 16s are rude and petulant and immature, but that is certainly what we are seeing at KVR lately.
Actually, there have been at least 2 polls here in the time i'm registered, which showed that most are 40-60 years old. You're right though, this thread pretty much shows that the perceived age is rather 15-16. Least in this thread. There are others where you really can discuss with adults.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”