nuSpin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
nuSpin nuSpin Basic Player

On my PC (in all honesty though it's an ancient machine) it's CPU heavy; the presets range from nice to meh - but overall nothing new. I really appreciate the option of a free player (which is my current fav "demo" type option), but too few presets to really reach a conclusion and honestly the player is maybe in this case not the best option to showcase the strong point of the full product since that very option is not available in the player form, so no way to test how this actually works - as far as I can tell. But that's just me.
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

There is now a playlist on youtube introducing the product:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 7cfYBeBWKL
Matthew Logan
nuVibrations LLC
"Software Helping Musicians Stay Fresh"
www.nuvibrations.com

I just updated the free version!

* Performance Tuning
* Opened up image and synth editing (save not enabled) so you can try it out more fully.

Still available at: https://www.nuvibrations.com/freeinstrument

- or -

If you have already installed nuSpin, you can "check for updates" to initiate a less e-mail intensive update process.

Enjoy!
Matthew Logan
nuVibrations LLC
www.nuvibrations.com

Hi Mathew, what's happening over there at nuSpin mansions ? I put my name down for the freebie and not a word via any of the addresses I supplied. Am I doing something wrong ?

Hello Matthew,

as I promised be back with some experience after video-tryout (2 from 3).

I must (again, should have learned it in the meantime...) apologize for writing before thinking (and reading or viewing the videos....).

But maybe as you could even find some helpful points in my first critic this wrong behaviour could help for better communicate the real exceptional significance of nu spin in the future cause maybe I am not the only one getting this totally wrong.

After trying out the content of the first two videos I must say it is AT FIRST really fun and a fun tool to play with. And - if you take the ten minutes for these videos - EASY to use. For me it is about wonder about and explore these nearly magical relations between image and sound !

I will probably never get any "useable" sounds out of it, but that is my fault as a hobby musician with really no knowledge about how synths and sound synthesis works at all.

But with your tool I can PLAY with these things and I am sure evrybody who understand more of the general function of any synth will be able to use nu spin for marvellous sound generation.

I have just transferred "my" meditation monk (had a first intro in meditation last week, was very impressive by the way ) to a sound, now I have my special personal "OM" 8) , how much more fun can you have ?

Kind regards,

Richard

bob bobwood wrote:Hi Mathew, what's happening over there at nuSpin mansions ? I put my name down for the freebie and not a word via any of the addresses I supplied. Am I doing something wrong ?
Did you check your spam folder for the confirmation e-mail? We have noticed some issues with delays in sending out confirmation e-mails of up to 30 minutes (so I extended the download window to 2 hours).

I don't see a "bob bobwood" in the logs, but you may have submitted your information with a different name than your handle here. You can contact me via e-mail at support@nuvibrations.com and I can look into what happened, and make sure you get a link,
Matthew Logan
nuVibrations LLC
www.nuvibrations.com

Numanoid wrote:$99 dollars without 64 bit support, is too much
nuVibrations has released a 64-bit version. A free version of 32 and 64-bit that allows you to test all features is available at https://www.nuvibrations.com/freeinstrument
Matthew Logan
nuVibrations LLC
www.nuvibrations.com

nuVibrations wrote:
Numanoid wrote:$99 dollars without 64 bit support, is too much
nuVibrations has released a 64-bit version. A free version of 32 and 64-bit that allows you to test all features is available at https://www.nuvibrations.com/freeinstrument
Wow, that is great :tu:

"bob bobwood" only exists in KVRland and isn't allowed outside. 3rd fail, and he's Unspun.

Thanks for offering a free player version, but there is too much hoop jumping involved

It can unfortunately not just be downloaded, gotta submit a download request that has to be handled by E-mail, opening the link in the mail, reveals another page, not for the product, but to download a download manager.

I give up, if this product can't be installed offline.

Numanoid wrote:....
~ I give up ~
Well at least you had a reply.
bob bobwood wrote:Unspun.
=to lose interest

Reminds me of Photosounder.

I'd like to give a 64-bit AU version a whirl someday. :tu:

This looks mildly interesting, as they've just released an update; but won't be investing much time in trying it unless there is some basic description of how it really works - besides all the standard synth parts, just how is the spectral info generated from the image? Saw above something about an orbit, I see a circle on the photo in the video, but how does that exactly correlate to the spectral info? Is there a manual that goes into some detail on this, one could get without buying it?
As stated earlier, "bright areas into positive sound pressure and dark areas into negative pressure", makes sense - but how does the image scan proceed - take a certain width and move clockwise along the circle or something like? Or does it take the image within the circle and stretch it into a rectangle, or something?

I just installed free version and the window that I think says Installation Complete is immovable, only a portion of it showing on my desktop, the rest shoved to the left on the negative side of my monitor screen. I'll close it via taskbar.

Edit: ok, I have loaded the player and now it wants my serial but I have no serial.

Numanoid wrote:Thanks for offering a free player version, but there is too much hoop jumping involved

It can unfortunately not just be downloaded, gotta submit a download request that has to be handled by E-mail, opening the link in the mail, reveals another page, not for the product, but to download a download manager.

I give up, if this product can't be installed offline.
Annoying, after more than two years I try to get this plug up and working.

I download the download manager, and download the plug, I am pretty certain that it downloads complete, as it says 100% or so in the download manger.

The file is about 1GB

When trying to install, I get an error that a cabinet file is missing and that the installation can't be completed :(

Return to “Instruments”