Need Mastering Plugins For 70s Prog Rock Project

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Told you. :-)

There's two recent free plugins you should do yourself the favour to get as well:

kvraudio.com/product/spaceship-delay-by-musical-entropy

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/tonedel ... 0s/details

Also Valhalla's Plate and SpaceModulator are still waiting for you.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I guess the next thread will be contemplating what DAW is best for prog rock project.

When is the release date of the CD?

jens wrote:Told you. :-)

There's two recent free plugins you should do yourself the favour to get as well:

I have to admit, the main plugs you told me to get have blown me away. Yes, I'll be picking up the Valhalla stuff as well. I've been sidetracked a little today actually working on this project. It is turning out to be much harder than anticipated. I'm running very close to CPU strain and I'm only a little over 2 minutes into my first piece. I'm either going to have to start freezing channels or actually create the piece over several projects and then splice the audio files together. I don't even know how to do that so that it doesn't sound like audio files spliced together.

Did I mention that this was harder than I expected?

In the meantime, I'm currently working on the middle piano section for the first piece. I can't play it and Keith has long departed, so I have to compose it in Finale and then import the MIDI file into Cubase.

Did I mention that this was harder than I expected? LOL.

Numanoid wrote:I guess the next thread will be contemplating what DAW is best for prog rock project.

When is the release date of the CD?
Honestly, I have no idea. I'm working on the first piece now for a week and it's about a quarter of the way done. At this pace, it'll take me a month. If each piece takes a month (8 song CD) it'll be September for the release.

But don't hold me to that.

jens wrote:Told you. :-)

Two freebies taken care of. All that's left is Valhalla. Probably do that tomorrow.

wagtunes wrote:I'm running very close to CPU strain and I'm only a little over 2 minutes into my first piece.
With SDRR always make sure to set it to mono when usign it on mono-sources (click on "Stereo" in the lower left Corner of the VU-meter) - with other plugins there might be other ways to safe some CPU-cycles.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

wagtunes wrote: All that's left is Valhalla. Probably do that tomorrow.
It will blow you away - I'm sure of it.

Numanoid wrote:I guess the next thread will be contemplating what DAW is best for prog rock project.
Why not start with cutting and glueing the tape in first place? :wink:

Yeah, I'd definitely rather be spending the time actually recording the album, than has been spent discussing the mixing and mastering of it here. :)

Hermetech Mastering wrote:Yeah, I'd definitely rather be spending the time actually recording the album, than has been spent discussing the mixing and mastering of it here. :)
Who says I'm not doing that? I've been working on the first song since Jan 9. I am about 6 minutes into it after composing the piano interlude yesterday in Finale and then importing the MIDI into Cubase.

Today, I'll be working on the violin part that goes along with it.

With luck, I may actually have track 1 finished before the end of the month.

Trust me, I'm not just hanging around here BS'ing. And any discussion I've been having has been for the purpose of getting software to help me attain my vision.

There has been no wasted time here.

At least not by me.

:hyper: :party: :clap:
Be generous with him, that's his way of advertising his preset banks... :roll:

martinjuenke wrote:
:hyper: :party: :clap:
Be generous with him, that's his way of advertising his preset banks... :roll:
Until now, the only person to actually bring up my preset banks is you.

Interesting.

Hermetech Mastering wrote:Yeah, I'd definitely rather be spending the time actually recording the album, than has been spent discussing the mixing and mastering of it here. :)
Good thing then that your found the time to post in this thread yourself in between your busy mastering-schedule. ;-)

jens wrote:
Good thing then that your found the time to post in this thread yourself in between your busy mastering-schedule. ;-)
:tu:

Indeed! :) Insanely busy mastering schedule since the holidays ended, I have never been so busy, more deets on my FB page for anyone interested. But I still have time to write a few lines, as I think it's extremely important to take an ear break once an hour, and a "brain break" too.

And Jens, you're a fine one to talk with the amount of posts you have on here compared to mine, and in slightly less time... :lol:

As to the OP, I just think it's putting the cart before the horse. Focus your attention on recording the album, then mixing it, then mastering it. But that's just me. You have written the songs and worked out the arrangements already, haven't you? ;)

I better get back to my busy mastering schedule or we'll all waste more time chatting with each other on here...

Return to “Effects”