bitwig 2 is here

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Catalyzer MeowSynth

I still miss one point in this discussion. Do we get a 2.0 badge then?
I never make mistakes; I just blame others.

Rappo Clappo wrote:I still miss one point in this discussion. Do we get a 2.0 badge then?
And after 10 badges you get the 11th for free? :D

Reefius wrote:
Rappo Clappo wrote:I still miss one point in this discussion. Do we get a 2.0 badge then?
And after 10 badges you get the 11th for free? :D
Hell no. You get 30% discount.

grains of sand wrote:
popskull wrote:
grains of sand wrote:
rod_zero wrote:The only ones hurting their bussines is BW itself with this new model.
Comparing Propellerhead Reason with Bitwig's upgrade plan.

Reason 7 March 12, 2013
>>> 18 months <<<
Reason 8 September 30, 2014
>>> 21 months <<<
Reason 9 June 21, 2016

Reason upgrade $129 for 1 major update
Bitwig upgrade $169 for at least 2 major updates
(unless Bitwig doesn't release one in over 12 months)

$40 extra to receive at least 1 extra major update with a 1/3rd of the wait time

Plus they avoided the subscription model so users could hold onto their perpetual licenses with the option to upgrade or not upgrade at anytime. Seems like a great new perspective and lens to look through.
Bitwig will not release a major update within 12 months . They have taken 3 years to release fixes for bugs . Reason has been around a long time and have a large user base . Bitwig has lost its user base
"We will be able to release key features as they are ready - instead of holding them back for major releases. This enables us to offer you new feature and content updates more regularly."
You are very gullible "grains of sand" , very gullible

grains of sand wrote:
rod_zero wrote:The only ones hurting their bussines is BW itself with this new model.
Comparing Propellerhead Reason with Bitwig's upgrade plan.

Reason 7 March 12, 2013
>>> 18 months <<<
Reason 8 September 30, 2014
>>> 21 months <<<
Reason 9 June 21, 2016

Reason upgrade $129 for 1 major update
Bitwig upgrade $169 for at least 2 major updates
(unless Bitwig doesn't release one in over 12 months)

$40 extra to receive at least 1 extra major update with a 1/3rd of the wait time

Plus they avoided the subscription model so users could hold onto their perpetual licenses with the option to upgrade or not upgrade at anytime. Seems like a great new perspective and lens to look through.
you sail under false flag, imo. you're one of the Bitwig guys, i suppose. :P i did a price comparison between several daws within 3 years in the Bitwig 2 thread in your forum and the only daw, that is almost as expensive as Bitwig (new price scheme), is Reason, if you buy every upgrade. ... and you only pick up Reason, to prove ... what?! :lol:
come out of the bushes and discuss your price move openly and draw the consequences!

:pray: :dog: :tantrum:
"It dreamed itself along"

grains of sand wrote: "We will be able to release key features as they are ready - instead of holding them back for major releases. This enables us to offer you new feature and content updates more regularly."
So, they "will be able to release key features as they are ready". Good, When is the modular environment that was promised since the beginning coming up?

I am not talking "under the scenes" modularity, but the full modularity "kind of as in Reaktor" that they mentioned in the beginning. That's the main "key feature" I wanted right now.

Many times, what may be "key features" to some people is not for others. What if the "key features" I wanted are not coming withing one year? I will then not pay. Then they release ONE key feature. I pay (because, after all, they will be releasing "key features" constantly, right?').

Then from another whole new year, they will not release anything else that interests me. I paid $169,00 for ONE key feature.

At least with Reason, users know what's there in each major version. If they are not interested, they can skip that version, and wait for the next one. Releases have been very stable, therefore, it's not like anything will be broken if the users skip a major upgrade.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: At least with Reason, users know what's there in each major version. If they are not interested, they can skip that version, and wait for the next one. Releases have been very stable, therefore, it's not like anything will be broken if the users skip a major upgrade.

The way I see it is that eventually when I get around buying the upgrade (probably can't afford it right away when it comes, got other expenses coming my way), then that's the major version that I'm paying for. Even the 2.0 has a lot going for it from my perspective (the paradigm shift with the modulators, some of the devices like the one that sends program changes to hardware instruments, a key thing for project recall). Of course I'll get a year's worth of updates as well, but the one that I'm paying for is the one that is available at the time of the purchase. I don't see how this is much different from buying any other software upgrade.

I'm not particularly worried about stability myself, because it's been very stable on my end and they have been releasing betas and stable versions quite regularly so far (for the most part I've skipped the betas). That they switch over to a rolling release style is a positive thing for me. Of course there's never any knowing of what the future holds, but at the very least, I'll still be able to go back to the release that's been stable for me.

I am using bitwig 1.3 demo for a week now and discovered a new bug .

1.create lfo mod .
2. create synth nested in lfo mod .
3 . record some notes and ' Bounce in place ' = Silence ( same as bounce with pre fx enabled )
4. insert reverb (post )
5. Bounce in place : now works .
6.Delete reverb
7.Bounce in place : works.

So I am gonna have to shell out a lot of money to see this bug fixed
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I can recreate that over here as well. Perhaps it has something to do with the track being turned into a hybrid track. Just plain 'Bounce' works, though (it creates an audio track). You have sent it in as a bug report so that they can file it in their tracking system, haven't you?

The LFO Mod is a bit clunky at times, I must admit.. For instance modulating the arpeggiator kind of works, but then it doesn't. Modulating the arpeggiator works fine when the arp is in for instance the Polysynth's note fx slot, modulated with Polysynth's own LFOs.

In the next version though, it will be slightly different altogether, since it won't be necessary to nest devices for modulation purposes any more. Might as well fix both of these.

.jon wrote:(...) David, the self-proclaimed martyr, (...) off-topic crap (...) retard (...)
smh

David Boura wrote:
.jon wrote:(...) David, the self-proclaimed martyr, (...) off-topic crap (...) retard (...)
smh
Looks like they want to lock this thread agian. Oh well typical intetwebs nonsense designed to stifle oppossing veiws.

Try not to let the name calling get to you, when you show any distaste by quoting them it opens the door to pages of more idiotic nonsense.

When I bought Reason Essentials 2.0 I got a whole sheet of Propellerhead stickers :hyper:

CTStump wrote:(...)more idiotic nonsense.
...and more smh... i got it thank you ;)

CTStump wrote:Looks like they want to lock this thread agian. Oh well typical intetwebs nonsense designed to stifle oppossing veiws.
No, that's not what it is. I'm sure you can tell the difference between discussion and spamming even after receiving warnings, trolling and pointless rants by newly registered fake accounts.

.jon wrote:
CTStump wrote:Looks like they want to lock this thread agian. Oh well typical intetwebs nonsense designed to stifle oppossing veiws.
No, that's not what it is. I'm sure you can tell the difference between discussion and spamming even after receiving warnings, trolling and pointless rants by newly registered fake accounts.
Look, we got your point pages ago do really want to carry on with this crusade? The same goes for all the other aurgements that lead to name calling and finger pointing which by the way I was pointing out in that reply.

It's about time to get back to the topic at hand, Bitwig 2.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”