Plugin Alliance bx_metal 2........greatest lead tone ever?????

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have to admit, I'm really surprised by this one. It does ONE THING but does that so well!

Frankly, from the original (yes I'm that old) to any and all emu's of it in the past, this is the ONLY ONE that I've liked. Now, you have to be careful with it, if you stray too much from the default, it gets too weird for me.

But for soloing like there is no tomorrow, it's insane!

Usually, it's so buzzy and un-musical in most emu's, it's a laugh-er.

WHY? WHY did you (PA) put that megasingle on sale and tease me with these......WHY?

Because Tanya Harding put them up to it. :clown:

Now go tell Dirk. I'm sure he'd love to hear that :tu:

Maybe, but then again, it's a pretty slick sounding plug.

Honestly, no BS, you can put it on the '57 s-gear and it sounds terrific. (well, depending on your IR, of course)

I use a TS9 through the Rockrack V3 lately..the engl or whatever their metal model is called(can't remember without looking bx666 maybe?). It's a very good lead combo with the mid boost of the TS9. You don't even have to touch the gain on the pedal.

The Boss MT-2 is one of the worst distortion pedals ever. If the plugin sounds good, the emulation can't be very close to the original. ;-)

The modded versions of the boss mt-2 sound decent and better than the stock pedal but I still wouldn't buy or use one. It's a fiddly pedal to dial in. Its ok for riffs lead solo stuff but it wouldn't be my first choice. It can cut through well but it's still got that nasal unpleasant sound in the high and low mids and spikey treble

If soundcloud didn't make everything sound awful, I'd post some examples. I think people would be very pleasantly surprised :)

incubus wrote:If soundcloud didn't make everything sound awful, I'd post some examples. I think people would be very pleasantly surprised :)
You could always post a few patches. I'm out of demo time with it, but some people may not be :)

No sale, no deal :x

But, as a "lead" tone, it's tough to argue against it!!!

Man, PA is pissing me off since the 9 buck megasingle :evil:

Return to “Effects”