Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

no rating for this seller 'Billie's Gear Locker' yet... joined Reverb a few days ago...

when in Maine do as the mainers do
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

As soon as I sell a couple off, this:

http://www.humbuckermusic.com/products/ ... fgodF2cPzg

No more monkey business.

I was in Guitar Center with a couple of friends, and while they were looking at electrics, I found myself in the acoustic section and fell in love with this Cordoba classical.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Cordoba/GK- ... 5046447.gc

bluedad wrote:I was in Guitar Center with a couple of friends, and while they were looking at electrics, I found myself in the acoustic section and fell in love with this Cordoba classical.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Cordoba/GK- ... 5046447.gc
Looks awesome. But tell me, does it come with fine Corinthian leather?

(you did see that coming, right? :hihi: )

incubus wrote: Looks awesome. But tell me, does it come with fine Corinthian leather?

(you did see that coming, right? :hihi: )
My Dad had that car, same year same everything. If I ever win the lottery. I want one restored.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

that suhr 'st' guitar from humbucker music looks tight. love that seafoam green. found this guitar over there, too: http://www.humbuckermusic.com/collectio ... bull-black

Re-thinking the strat thing......

See, what I have is a very good guitar. It's a murica "deluxe" but the pickups are HSS. And it's S-1 wiring, which I hate. And it's a rat's nest.

Changed to EMG's and got bored. Now, back to the originals. But I want a 3 strat pup set. Not sure what to do. Beats having to get the Suhr.

This has the nice heel curve which they don't make anymore (the elite sucks)

Forget the fancy heel....Get a Yamaha Variax......
Personally I don't like the single coil magnetic pups. It sounds too punk/squier sound for my ears with lots of punch but no high end. Which would prolly be good for HM....

Beyond that you have all those classic guitars with classic pups AND different types of volume/tone pots. I've customized a few models and I never get bored. Plus you can blend the magnetic pups with the virtual guitar.

The neck is a flat radius relatively thin and the best neck of all the variax's that have ever been on the market.

What's more is that you can program your various modeled guitars and switch between settings on your helix.... Or use your variax to control effects on your helix
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

that sounds tight

had to get the monoprice california classic in sunburst:

at my age, 'basswood' body on a california classic is heavy (heavier still on the monoprice retrovision). i find that 'asian hardwood' is easier to stand and play along with.

be that as it may, these california classics are tight.

on ebay, there's an 'ammoon' in the 'same shape' for <$43, but the photos never show a vibrato bar. this monoprice is $70, and it works, and has a vibrato bar.

once, i received a guitar with a hulking allen wrench, and no vibrato bar; so any more, when the seller's photos show a large allen wrench, but no vibrato bar, it's sort of a red flag. top that off with a seller who won't answer their messages.. and monoprice is the tried and true.

also, it's not clear that they're even the same guitar. i'd like to think that monoprice have their own sourcing, 'a cut above', and separate from totally budget brands like ammoon.

in any event, it stands to reason that, down in this price range, the pickups are going to have 'rasp'. on the other hand, they seem overly powerful so maybe that's a bonus.

anyway, yada yada ...it could be that soon, with the sunburst california classic, i'll be harkening back to the riffs of dick dale...

A friend of mine just ordered something I really want, a "Kiesel" (carvin) in Arctic green. It's the AE6.....can't wait to see how it turns out. Want one.

Xiangqi wrote:had to get the monoprice california classic in sunburst:

A guitar like that could take you to the stratosphere.

No...... :lol:

http://www.kieselguitars.com/guitars-in-stock/125378

But still wanted to post it.

(WARNING, IDIOT ALERT!!!!!!!!)

I really do want this if I won the lottery:

The only reason I'd consider it (and not at that price) is because instead of the typical 17/19mm, it's 18/20mm and has a mahogany body :love:

But, it's an "edge zero II" which has me puzzled. Why it's not an original edge (especially at that price) is beyond me. And the "edge zero" was a fad that had the "zero point" (which I had a couple, ok, but not super great as a trem) but this seems to be w/o that and a 3 spring setup?

???

Plus, the couple of dumb-ass indo units I had that crappy cosmo-chrome wore off faster than a bad line of coke. I wish it was just chrome. Anyways, won't be buying it but it's a far cry from some of their other models. Sigh, I still love Ibanez........

the other day, chappers was demoing that ibby. really cool, but i too would have to win the lottery...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”