Announcing Fender Collection 2 for AmpliTube (intro pricing through Jan 15 2017)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube Custom Shop AmpliTube Fender Collection 2

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:
bharris22 wrote:When does the intro price end?
We don't even know when/if the intro price starts. There's only a pre-order price right now that stops at an unannounced time.
Fender Collection 2 for AmpliTube will be released in December 2016. When there is a specific date, I can share it. Typically pre-order pricing will end upon release, but there is sometimes a slight grace period (as with MODO BASS) but there's no guarantee there. You can see from MODO BASS that there is a crossgrade price but no "intro" pricing available. That should help set expectations and purchase plans in this case.

30% off of the already deeply-discounted pre-order pricing is the best offer for loyal IK customers. I believe that is an exceptional deal, I hope others agree. If not, I understand and you can make your plugin purchasing plans accordingly, though again I think the loyalty bonus of up to 30% off is quite fair and quite a good deal.
My only issue is that this does nothing for new customers.

I tried amplitube and was not satisfied enough with the fender models to purchase it, and now you have a new product that I'm somewhat interested in. At this point I have no reason to trust that you'll get it right, and because of that I'll end up paying 50% more to demo it based on the information that I have.

It's definitely a great thing that you're doing for people that already are enamored with your products, but it does punish new customers.
Last edited by Robert Randolph on Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

b15fliptop wrote:Yeah, but this isn't version 2, it's collection 2. They aren't upgrades, they're totally different amp models than the first time. To expect an upgrade price for this would be the same as buying Waves API 550A, and then expecting an upgrade price when they come out with 550B. Two different things, not a new version of an existing product. Just sayin'…
This. And it is actually not a bad example, since none of the Fender Collection 1 amps are part of Fender Collection 2 so owning any of those would not be equivalent to owning a portion of Fender Collection 2. The comparison made after your post is apples to oranges.

I am sorry that there are some that don't feel that they are getting an extra-special deal that others cannot, but the pre-order pricing minus up to 30% is a great deal (which does have some exclusivity, since you can't get JamPoints if you aren't already a loyal IK customer), the lowest we were able to go, and I hope the fact that some others can also get a similar deal isn't a big issue for many as it doesn't affect the great deal that they themselves can get.

Robert Randolph wrote:
My only issue is that this does nothing for new customers.

I tried amplitube and was not satisfied enough with the fender models to purchase it, and now you have a new product that I'm somewhat interested in. At this point I have no reason to trust that you'll get it right, and because of that I'll end up paying %50 more to demo it based on the information that I have.

It's definitely a great thing that you're doing for people that already are enamored with your products, but it does punish new customers.
New customers can rely on the audio demos, rave reviews of previous versions (Fender Collection 1 was a HUGE hit in recent promotions, and still is in our extended 20th Anniversary Double Down Grand Finale based on the online word of mouth) and assess whether the risk is worth taking versus waiting for release and a higher price point.

This is not unique to IK or to pre-order offers - companies with products that have successful pedigree can rely on said pedigree to help minimize that risk. The current Fender models are among the most applauded in the AmpliTube line, and the technology improvements in this new collection only add to the likelihood of these being that much better than those acclaimed previous Fender models.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:
bharris22 wrote:When does the intro price end?
We don't even know when/if the intro price starts. There's only a pre-order price right now that stops at an unannounced time.
Fender Collection 2 for AmpliTube will be released in December 2016. When there is a specific date, I can share it. Typically pre-order pricing will end upon release, but there is sometimes a slight grace period (as with MODO BASS) but there's no guarantee there. You can see from MODO BASS that there is a crossgrade price but no "intro" pricing available. That should help set expectations and purchase plans in this case.

30% off of the already deeply-discounted pre-order pricing is the best offer for loyal IK customers. I believe that is an exceptional deal, I hope others agree. If not, I understand and you can make your plugin purchasing plans accordingly, though again I think the loyalty bonus of up to 30% off is quite fair and quite a good deal.
Sounds fair. As you mentioned, I am trying to make my purchasing plans, and would like to know as soon as possible when (and preferably with a little lead time before) the pre-order pricing ends. Thanks!

Robert Randolph wrote:My only issue is that this does nothing for new customers.

I find it kinda funny that you're making that point considering we've just heard from several customers of the existing Amplitube Fender Collection feeling like the lack of an upgrade punishes them. I'm 100% fine with the approach IK took, but it just illustrates how the "the price is the price we don't do sales" approach some smaller companies take is the only way to keep everyone feeling happy (or at least, make everyone equally as sad).

For the record, I'd still like to see an update to the original Fender Collection and Ampeg, and if so, maybe then offer an upgrade price. Fender Collection 2's intro price is fair considering it's all new models.

bharris22 wrote: Sounds fair. As you mentioned, I am trying to make my purchasing plans, and would like to know as soon as possible when (and preferably with a little lead time before) the pre-order pricing ends. Thanks!
Thanks. I'm trying to see what can get nailed down, and hoping it is before the holidays as I could really use the final version as a bit of a distraction at that time which means I'm sure a lot of others could too :)

No MH 500?

:D
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

Dominus wrote:No MH 500?

:D
We'll get right on that for you, much more cost effective than what we spent to get that 1950s Bassman in our hot hands :D

We do have a video posted about Fender Collection 2 for AmpliTube, I noticed it hadn't been posted in the thread yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA6aqYugXg0

Peter, you have a seriously thankless job. Hope you have other more fun things in your life :)

Thanks for the infos.

I've never been a fan of Fender Amps although I did own a small one for a short time many years ago. That has to do more with my preferred sound than Fender quality.

Now a Laney Amp collection would get my attention........ :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:I've never been a fan of Fender Amps although I did own a small one for a short time many years ago. That has to do more with my preferred sound than Fender quality.

Now a Laney Amp collection would get my attention........ :)
The good ones breath a bit more than other amps. You have to spend more time dialing them in..and then just sitting on something good for a bit. They take pedals very well and have a nice headroom when set up properly. That all works better for certain styles than others. It can work for metal, but it will be looser than some like.

The very last amps I would choose for metal would be Fenders and perhaps a Roland Jazz Chorus. :hihi:

Anyway to each his own. I won't buy a Fender collection but I might be all over a Laney collection (sound of course being the deciding factor). :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

You know what would interest me really a lot, a "boutique"-ish amps collection -- Dumble, PRS Archon, Matchless, Dr Z, Friedman, Carol-Ann, Diezel, Bogner, Splawn, Divided by 13...

dwozzle wrote:You know what would interest me really a lot, a "boutique"-ish amps collection -- Dumble, PRS Archon, Matchless, Dr Z, Friedman, Carol-Ann, Diezel, Bogner, Splawn, Divided by 13...
I'd be down for that as well.....(once again sound being the deciding factor). :)

Teksonik wrote:The very last amps I would choose for metal would be Fenders and perhaps a Roland Jazz Chorus. :hihi:

Anyway to each his own. I won't buy a Fender collection but I might be all over a Laney collection (sound of course being the deciding factor). :tu:
Yep..that's why I said it COULD be. You have to custom it..a speaker switch will get you closer to what it needs. Regardless of that, it's really in the hands of the player, I've heard plenty of people make it work due to how they play. With the amp switching feature in the software, it should be possible to tighten things up nicely. :)

Return to “Effects”