RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Igro wrote:
Igro wrote:
Igro wrote:Long thread, so I will ask something that probably has been asked before: Will there be a bigger UI? I liked the synth very much. Very clean sounding with a nice "warm" UI.
Bump. I don't know, maybe a full version has different UI sizes? On my Full HD laptop's screen it is quite small.
The synth is very similar to Massive, but with better graphical representation. But other than that, they are almost identical.
Not really similar to massive. RAPID can do much more. I think people doesn't really test the powerfull FX section. Did you take a look at the Shaper? Here is a preset. You can also load it into the demo version.
It is a simple saw, running through the Shaper (and Chamber). Nasty in the deep notes and clean in the high notes. And the CPU??? The CPU said "is that all I have to do?" :-D
Shaper Power - KVR Showcase Preset by Mirko Ruta.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mirko R. wrote:OSX will come next days.
Are these normal length days? I recall your Facebook post about Rapid from November 2015 "Release in the next weeks". :D

Igro wrote:
Mirko R. wrote:
Igro wrote:
Igro wrote:Long thread, so I will ask something that probably has been asked before: Will there be a bigger UI? I liked the synth very much. Very clean sounding with a nice "warm" UI.
Bump. I don't know, maybe a full version has different UI sizes? On my Full HD laptop screen it is small.
I know what you mean. I have two PCs and on my 4k PC the RAPID GUI is too small, but resizable GUI will come with the next updates. As far as I know the sequence is...
- OSX version
- Wavetable/Sample Import
- Resizable/reskinable GUI
Great news! :D I'm almost hitting BUY button, but need to decide if i really need it having Massive. What Rapid can give me what Massive couldn't?
Layering, multisamples with RoundRobin and Velocity Steps, Midi Import, Arp, much more effects with much more details, send effect to send the output from one layer to another one, much cleaner (antialiasing especially the distortions and oscs), more and better filters, little EQ for each osc, much more Wavetables, higher quality and less CPU usage,... should I carry on?
Last edited by Mirko R. on Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wrong button. DELETE!!!

Mirko R. wrote:
Igro wrote:
Mirko R. wrote:
Igro wrote:
Bump. I don't know, maybe a full version has different UI sizes? On my Full HD laptop screen it is small.
I know what you mean. I have two PCs and on my 4k PC the RAPID GUI is too small, but resizable GUI will come with the next updates. As far as I know the sequence is...
- OSX version
Great news! :D I'm almost hitting BUY button, but need to decide if i really need it having Massive. What Rapid can give me what Massive couldn't?
Layering, multisamples with RoundRobin and Velocity Steps, Midi Import, Arp, much more effects with much more details, send effect to send the output from one layer to another one, much cleaner (antialiasing especially the distortions and oscs), more and better filters, little EQ for each osc, much more Wavetables, higher quality and less CPU usage,... should I carry on?
Are there more wavetables in a full version? Also, Massive, probably doesn't get a bigger UI....

Igro wrote:
Mirko R. wrote:
Igro wrote:
Mirko R. wrote:
Igro wrote:
- OSX version
Are there more wavetables in a full version? Also, Massive, probably doesn't get a bigger UI....

Here the List of the complete content. Enough? ;-)

WAVETABLES:

MULTISAMPLES:

wow!

Is it possible to see in near future also a expansion for techno, techhouse and minimal, or will rapid be focused on edm and trance ?

I am getting a bit worried now. If it's taken this long to release the OS X version then how long will it take to do an update to fix any problems we may find along the way!

sacer wrote:Is it possible to see in near future also a expansion for techno, techhouse and minimal, or will rapid be focused on edm and trance ?

I would actually love a trance bank, that edm bank they just released was not my cup of tea sadly.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

What about a psytrance bank? :)
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

While we're at it how bout a chill/downtempo bank? :pray:

gebz_15 wrote:I am getting a bit worried now. If it's taken this long to release the OS X version then how long will it take to do an update to fix any problems we may find along the way!
Nah, there is a difference between an update and a whole new platform. Give your thanks to apple for their stupid sandbox policy in Garageband and Logic X.
It's actually already working, but in contrast to another hot manufacturers :lol: , we obsessively test every function in detail before releasing stuff. I will actually try to release it this week. I hope everything works out!

@Soundbanks:
The next extension that is currently in the making will focus on more classic synth sounds, to provide a good alternative to the heavy EDM loaded XT Electronic Energy.
Of course I would like to see all kinds of genres in the future. If the development process cools down a bit, there will be more time to cooperate with a few good sound designers for highly requested genres.

parawave wrote:
gebz_15 wrote:I am getting a bit worried now. If it's taken this long to release the OS X version then how long will it take to do an update to fix any problems we may find along the way!
Nah, there is a difference between an update and a whole new platform. Give your thanks to apple for their stupid sandbox policy in Garageband and Logic X.
It's actually already working, but in contrast to another hot manufacturers :lol: , we obsessively test every function in detail before releasing stuff. I will actually try to release it this week. I hope everything works out!

@Soundbanks:
The next extension that is currently in the making will focus on more classic synth sounds, to provide a good alternative to the heavy EDM loaded XT Electronic Energy.
Of course I would like to see all kinds of genres in the future. If the development process cools down a bit, there will be more time to cooperate with a few good sound designers for highly requested genres.

Oh, great news! Can't wait to get my fingers in this on a Mac thanks!

I was just thinking it might be useful to be able to output the different layers of a patch to separate tracks in a DAW. Probably a stupid question...but that isn't possible now, is it? I know there are send functions for effects within the plugin, but I don't think there are separate outs.

Return to “Instruments”