Slam analog drum machine by Extent of the Jam

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/slam-b ... of-the-jam

Hi! I started this topic for issue tracking and critiques for my KVR Dev Challenge entry, Slam. It's my first KVR Dev Challenge, so be gentle :)
Last edited by LouisG on Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OPL2 is forever

I just updated it to 1.1B, which fixes a crash in Reaper (and perhaps other DAWs). If you're having any issues, please try this new version.
OPL2 is forever

Hi,
some bugs:

The Tam (Tambourine) is trigged by note-on AND note-off.

Optical feedback on the Pads works only when I trigger with the normal keys on my Midi-kb, not when I trigger via the Pads on my keyboard (channel 10).

The bomb (bottom-right button) is to loud (+ 4 db).

Tambourine is correct- it does a tiny shake on note off so that you can get that shaking-back-and-forth sound easily. Bomb was turned up because longer decays "flatten out" the sound and when I tested it with a few mixes this seemed better when paired with the normal bass drum. Maybe I overdid that though..? Or maybe it should depend on the tuning.

Good catch on the pads! And thanks for checking the plugin out
OPL2 is forever

Hmm, actually, I just tried it again and the bass bomb here is still softer than the normal kick even though I had boosted it. You can see it in the attached PNG. Can you give me a screenshot of your settings?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OPL2 is forever

Hi, here's the screenshot. So my complaint is concerning the button 3. Of course could be solved by lowering the default master level a bit.
Bild1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ahh I see. Yeah due to the way the filters are configured, it gets louder up the scale. I intended for high-pitched chromatic use to be on a completely separate channel from the drums, or to be used to simply pitch the bass drum to match the current key of the song. I'll have to consider some gain scaling for a future release though. Thanks for the catch!
OPL2 is forever

LouisG thank you for the great free drum synth. Wanna see multiple outputs in the future updates so we can use fx on independent channels.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”