Sonic Anomaly: Very promising freeware plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can't download any, 500 Internal Server Error :C

By the way, gorgeous GUIs. I have already seen some of your designs in your Instagram account (I was redirected to it from the BPB Cassette Drums plugins post), and they are beautiful, but I couldn't find any link. This is great!

Jorgeelalto wrote:I can't download any, 500 Internal Server Error :C
Ouch same here, they're still up few hours ago. Let me contact the dev.

EDIT: should be working now.
Jorgeelalto wrote:By the way, gorgeous GUIs. I have already seen some of your designs in your Instagram account (I was redirected to it from the BPB Cassette Drums plugins post), and they are beautiful, but I couldn't find any link. This is great!
Thanks! The link is somewhere around the bottom of the page, but some comments on BPB page are saying that they can't see the link, IIRC the link seems to be blocked by some pop-up blocker or something. Hope this helps.

crimsonmerry wrote:
Jorgeelalto wrote:I can't download any, 500 Internal Server Error :C
Ouch same here, they're still up few hours ago. Let me contact the dev.

EDIT: should be working now.
Jorgeelalto wrote:By the way, gorgeous GUIs. I have already seen some of your designs in your Instagram account (I was redirected to it from the BPB Cassette Drums plugins post), and they are beautiful, but I couldn't find any link. This is great!
Thanks! The link is somewhere around the bottom of the page, but some comments on BPB page are saying that they can't see the link, IIRC the link seems to be blocked by some pop-up blocker or something. Hope this helps.
Thank you, it finally worked. I've been trying some plugins now. Quadracom is really great, I love it. It's just dialing stuff without much thinking involved until it sounds great. Bassprofessor also looks great (mkII better than the first I think, more control). But just one thing that may annoy sometimes: I don't know if it's me, but I can't seem to fine-tune any parameter using any modifier key. It's a pity specially in Bassprofessor mkI and S.L.A.X (which I have found really great too, I like effects with just a few knobs), you can't really get a more or less precise setting.

But great work, I love them both the GUIs and their functionality :love:

Jorgeelalto wrote:Thank you, it finally worked. I've been trying some plugins now. Quadracom is really great, I love it. It's just dialing stuff without much thinking involved until it sounds great. Bassprofessor also looks great (mkII better than the first I think, more control). But just one thing that may annoy sometimes: I don't know if it's me, but I can't seem to fine-tune any parameter using any modifier key. It's a pity specially in Bassprofessor mkI and S.L.A.X (which I have found really great too, I like effects with just a few knobs), you can't really get a more or less precise setting.

But great work, I love them both the GUIs and their functionality :love:
I'm guessing Quadracom is pretty much the most complex plugin he has developed so far. Bass Professor 1 is his first plugin that encourage me to create a more matched GUI for it, since i got myself fooled by it's earlier look. And yes Bass Professor MKII was designed to have a cleaner sounding, and more flexibility, which likely will fit to more genres than BP 1. I recently found his HBC is nice to have as a transparent compressor, with a similar feel from Quadracom. His skin-less Skope 2 plugin is also worth to have as a surgical tool, but i haven't test if it will work with ReaJS (JSFX format reader for other DAWs)

Thanks, i know it's not the most sophisticated GUI design, but nice to know the newer GUI can "translate" these plugins better for the user :)

@ crimsonmerry Your GUIs are awesome!

Unfortunately there is a server error again. I'm also curious to know more about the developer - right now these gems are really undercover.

Thanks alot Izak, and regarding the site issue, *EDIT:
There is a problem with the server. The site apprears to be going down at constant rate. I apologize the inconvenience, until a fix will be found.

I managed to download them today, but they don't appear to be working. There seems to be no processing (Studio One 3, 64 bit, Windows 7).

I did a little comparison between S.LA.X and Native Instruments VC 2A on Addictive Drums to see the difference.
4 bars dry, 4 bars SLAX, 4 bars dry, 4 bars VC2A, 4 bars SLAX
https://soundcloud.com/user-67104555/slax-vs-vc2a

These were the settings on both of them:

I tried to replicate the sound of VC2A, actually its settings in SLAX to see the difference.
Peak knob on SLAX is way more aggressive, while Gain on VC2A is more aggressive, SLAX gives slightly darker tone too, but that doesn't mean anything, I was just checking the difference because I use VC2A a lot and SLAX is awesome, I'll definitely use it and it's a keeper :phones: :tu:

brainzistor wrote:I did a little comparison ...
I couldn't get them to work. No processing at all. Which version of the plugins did you use? 32 or 64 bit? Which DAW? Your screenshots look like FL Studio.

Izak Synthiemental wrote:
I couldn't get them to work. No processing at all. Which version of the plugins did you use? 32 or 64 bit? Which DAW? Your screenshots look like FL Studio.
I opened the 64 bit version in Reaper x64 with no problems. And yes, that looks like FL Studio 12

Izak Synthiemental wrote:
32bit, FL Studio 12.
Emulations of vintage gear require vintage bits, I guess :D

Izak Synthiemental wrote:I managed to download them today, but they don't appear to be working. There seems to be no processing (Studio One 3, 64 bit, Windows 7).
From his email reply, he just done some test in S1 v3 (demo) and got his plugins working normally. That's all i know. Sorry i can't help you with the problem, since i'm not the author. I'll give em a test when i have the chance.

They are working now. I had to restart Studio One. Quadracom is very nice!

Izak Synthiemental wrote:They are working now. I had to restart Studio One. Quadracom is very nice!
Great! Glad you got it working :tu:

Tried to download the Quadracom VST, no dice. The JSFX downloaded, however. I'm using Reaper, so it's not a hassle.

Crimsonmerry, please inform the developer that there's a problem with the server again.
(Hmm... maybe people are finding out, and it's crashing because it can't keep up with the demand!)

Return to “Effects”