Kontakt 5 issue

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there. Just bought Komplete but am struggling with Kontakt 5. I am using a MAudio Keystation 61 controller.

I have the same issue with Kontakt and any library. So far I have tried the India library and The Grand. The notes are all strange. For example in the key of G, the root is correct. However the B note is not in tune. And it produces the same note as the C key. C# and D are also identical notes. All of which makes Kontakt unusable for me. Can you help?

That sounds very odd to me. Are you running the Kontakt standalone program or as a plug-in in a DAW?

Also, what happens when you click C# or D on the Kontakt virtual keyboard? Same sound?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Yeah, this sounds weird. I have have Kontakt 5 and the M-Audio Keystation 61 too. Never experienced those problems.

I don't have the latest version, therefore, I don't have India, but I have the pianos, and they all play as expected, as well as any other library. There must be something wrong with your MIDI controller, or the way it is communicating with Kontakt. This happened with the stand-alone version?
Fernando (FMR)

No the VST in Sonar. However I will try the standalone tonight as well.

OK; record the MIDI from your keyboard and make sure that it is all as expected.

Does Sonar have some sort of snap-to-scale feature?

Also, what happens when you click C# or D on the Kontakt virtual keyboard? Same sound?
Inspired by ...

With India, are you certain you're using chromatic tuning? Every instrument in India has multiple tunings, and the default *isn't* chromatic.

Another thing- if you've never run Kontakt as a standalone, do so and then rescan your plugins. All NI instruments *must* be run as standalones after an install or update before trying to use them as plugins. Otherwise, there's a very good chance that the plugin won't initialize correctly.

ew
A spectral heretic...

A few updates. No solution yet. I have this problem with all Kontakt libraries.The onscreen keyboard has the same issue as well. I tried to use the standalone player and that asks me to activate Kontakt. When I hit activate I get Native Access which says I have a fully installed version. Very confused. Any thoughts?

Exactly as ew said...the tuning of India isn't chromatic. You select different tunings on the drop down box like east west's silk. There's nothing wrong with your keyboard or Kontakt.

Except that:
Zaman wrote:I have this problem with all Kontakt libraries.
Inspired by ...

Zaman wrote:A few updates. No solution yet. I have this problem with all Kontakt libraries.The onscreen keyboard has the same issue as well. I tried to use the standalone player and that asks me to activate Kontakt. When I hit activate I get Native Access which says I have a fully installed version. Very confused. Any thoughts?
Try uninstalling and reinstalling Kontakt again, and this time run the standalone version before doing anything else. As others said, India may be working with different tunings, bu the piano should definitely work as is usual in western world (chromatic).
Fernando (FMR)

Is there a way to download just Kontakt and reinstall as opposed to Komplete? Using the installer they provide I dont have any .exe files for Kontakt or Komplete and it seems I have to repeat the download process.

Zaman wrote:Is there a way to download just Kontakt and reinstall as opposed to Komplete? Using the installer they provide I dont have any .exe files for Kontakt or Komplete and it seems I have to repeat the download process.
I don't have the latest, but for the previous installation, we could download and install component by component (ISO images). I still have a backup of all those ISOs. So, if this version works the same way, ou have Kontakt installer and Kontakt library installer as separate elements. But (I repeat) I don't have the latest Komplete.
Fernando (FMR)

Zaman wrote:Is there a way to download just Kontakt and reinstall as opposed to Komplete? Using the installer they provide I dont have any .exe files for Kontakt or Komplete and it seems I have to repeat the download process.
You should be able to choose what you want to install from the Komplete installer.

Otherwise- yes, there is. Uninstall Kontakt and start up Native Access. It will see Kontakt's missing and give you the option of reinstaling.

ew
A spectral heretic...

Return to “Instruments”