KX77FREE - 30 07 2018 > Update of all x64 VST - new releases - fixed recent bugs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kx-Modulad Kx-Polym-CSE Kx-PolyMod Kx-Synth-X16

kx77free wrote:12/06/2016 - Update of main plug-ins:
Kx-Synth-x16 5.1a / Kx-PolyM-CSE 1.1i / Kx-PolyMod 1.63/ Kx-Modulad 3.1a

Improvement of oversampled processes with various bug fixes.

Fixed CPU overload bugs:
VCO2 (Sync *8) of the Kx-Modulad: when the width (WF1-WF2) is set to 0.
Ring modulator (oversampled) of the Kx-Synth-x16: when the EQ is close to the minimum or maximun with patches using feedback from this modulator.
VCA (OM or Dist off *2) of Kx-PolyM-CSE and Kx-PolyMod: during the disconnection of the matrix modulations.
Many thanks!
How far is a 64x version?
thanks!

lalo wrote: Many thanks!
How far is a 64x version?
thanks!
I contacted Jeff about that few months ago...
I suggested to him that will be good for us (windows users) if temporary he uses the old GDI like SE x86 waiting he finishes his work about the multi-platform VST gui but he doesn't want to separate the Windows GUI code to his work about the compatibility of SE plug-ins to OSX.
But because his AU vst wrapper work is delayed with the new OSX, Jeff decided to give the priority to the x64 Windows VST.
I tested recently his new GUI based on directx on my X64 vst but I prefer to wait again because there are some bugs which are too important to provide something stable for you actually.
So I'm depending of SE x64 for my VST GUI which is bugged just to satisfy the apple users who do not support SE... it's a paradox.

Xavier

kx77free wrote: So I'm depending of SE x64 for my VST GUI which is bugged just to satisfy the apple users who do not support SE... it's a paradox.

Xavier
:-) thanks Xavier! let's wait for some news from Jeff. I'm sure he'll find the way to solve this issue!
best
a.

lalo wrote:... I'm sure he'll find the way to solve this issue!
Me too, sure it's important for Jeff and all SE users, the new directx GUI is in progress quickly, I hope to work again on the SE x64 at the start of July.

Xavier?

Is it possible to 'version' the download files? Now I have to do that manually to backup the different versions.

Thanks! .:hug:

zxant wrote: 
Xavier?

Is it possible to 'version' the download files? Now I have to do that manually to backup the different versions.

Thanks! .:hug:
I prefer to keep the actual file names to avoid to break the download links if other urls use them.
The version number is always wrote in the Readme text or appears in the first setup dialog.

Anyway, normally the last files are more stable and keep the compatibility with your presets while the dll name is the same.
If I do some improvements and I cannot preserve the compatibility with the presets, I change the VST name, like V4, V5, etc...

The last year, I did a lot of updates because I rewrote all my SEM code to reduce their number to minimum and to use them for my x64 VST, the code is the same for my x86 and x64 SEM now.
I also improved the oscillator sync and optimized the oversampled processes.
So, actually I do not want to improve again something and then I will not update the x86 vsts, only if I found bugs in some case of special patches like the last update.

Xavier

kx77free wrote:
lalo wrote:... I'm sure he'll find the way to solve this issue!
Me too, sure it's important for Jeff and all SE users, the new directx GUI is in progress quickly, I hope to work again on the SE x64 at the start of July.
So, how's SE x64 project progressing?

Hi,

This summer I was very busy, I did an alpha of my Polym-CSE in x64 but the Jeff 's Gui work is around 90%, he finishes to replace the VST GUI code by its new direct draw code which will be also Mac compatible...
So my prototype works on VSTHost, Cubase 8.5, on Reaper (some VST options must be flagged) but I wait some improvements of the pop-up menus before to share you my first x64 vst.

And about Cubase 8.5 Vista 32 bit support :

I migrated to Cubase 8.5 artist recently because this is the last 32 bit Cubase version provided by Steinberg and even if my laptop is on Win10, my music PC stays on Vista 32.
So even if Steinberg doesn't support Vista 32 bit I installed Cubase 8.5 on my music computer...
It's possible to install Cubase 8.5 on Vista but you need to do all manually and to do an update of your OS.
-need 4 go of ram minimum
-update your Vista to SP2
-update your Net.frame work to 4.52
-Install an external graphic card and disactivate the internal intel GPU...
-download the correct elisencer version (XP and Vista)
-update the elisencer database
-set aero theme by default (you must)
And to finish install manually each part of Cubase...

All is right but I found a Cubase bug finally when I use a lot of big SF2 banks in my VST, theirs GUI editors may freeze when the big SF2 bank loading...
I found how to avoid that.

In fact a 32 bit application in 64 bit Windows can manage up to 4 go of ram but on Vista 32 the default size of RAM per program is 2 go...
So I suppose that Cubase devs did not really check that if they tested 32 bit Cubase on Windows 64 bit.
On 32 Windows os by default 2 go are reserved for the Kernel and generally for the internal graphic card and 2 go for the user.

But we can change the size allocated to the user programs to 3 go (found on the web):

Enable the 3GB switch on Windows Vista

Right-click Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.
At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072"
Restart the computer.

To inverse the setting if your system doesn't support this feature :
Disable the 3GB switch on Windows Vista

Right-click on Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.
At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa"
Restart the computer.
You should follow this method if you are an Windows expert user, if you MUST install Cubase 8.5 on your Vista 32 and if you do not use an internal GPU which uses a lot of ram installed.
If you are a simple musician, please do not try to install Cubase 8.5 on your Vista 32 !!
Steinberg doesn't support this OS!
Of course me too, I do not support my VSTi with SF2 player on Cubase 8.5 on Vista 32 because it's too complex for the basic users to stabilize Cubase 8.5.

On Win 10 I did not see any problems in the both versions of Cubase 8.5.

If you have similar GUI bugs with other VSTis on windows 32 bit OS with Cubase 8.5 perhaps that help you to check that...

Xavier

Xavier, want to start out by saying that when I first got into VSTi in 2013, yours were some of the first synths I downloaded. They were also the last ones I eventually had to remove from my system as I could no longer deal with the instability on my 64 bit machine. I did this reluctantly as yours were among my favorite. You and HG made some really cool stuff, all of which are now gone except for one plug that, miraculously, doesn't crash and that's his X-WoF.

I know my patience will be rewarded when I'm finally able to get a hold of a 64 bit version of one of your works of genius.

Thank you for all you do.

kx77free wrote:Hi,

This summer I was very busy, I did an alpha of my Polym-CSE in x64 but the Jeff 's Gui work is around 90%, he finishes to replace the VST GUI code by its new direct draw code which will be also Mac compatible...
So my prototype works on VSTHost, Cubase 8.5, on Reaper (some VST options must be flagged) but I wait some improvements of the pop-up menus before to share you my first x64 vst.
Great to hear, looking very much forward to 64x since I moved to a host without bridging. Thanks for your and Jeff's efforts and good luck!

Really great to hear! :tu:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Hi,

I'm working to finalize the x64 beta versions of my main plugins. I must rewrite the help documentations, test again all in complex sessions in Cubase 8.5, Reaper and update my url...
As you know, even if my x64 DSP code is ready since many months ago, I preferred to wait an usable release of SE 1.2 to buid the GUI of my VST plugins.
Even if these versions are beta, I want to provide you for the beta tests something very close of my 32 bit VST.

Kx Polym-CSE 2.0
Kx PolyMod 2.0
Kx Synth x16 6.0 (Polyphonic version only)
Kx Modulad 4.0 (without the KxWaveTracer)

Xavier
Last edited by kx77free on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great news :hyper:

Thank you for your work. :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

wagtunes wrote:
kx77free wrote:hi,

I'm working on my c++ Codeblock projects, to do a better organization and maintenance of the x64 code.
This last week end I finished to translate the Kx-Synth-x16 modules to SE SDK3.
So now I can really start a serious work about the conversion of my SE plug-ins to x64.
This month I will do an update of all main x86 plug-ins because I improved the Vco sync processes, I saw also some little errors in the Kx-Synth-x16 code and I will reduce again the number of SEM.
The SE x64 engine stills in alpha, there are some bugs on the GUI code (multi platform code), so if I built some x64 projects based on my x86 vst, theirs GUI editors will be probably different and you will not have the possibility to import your x86 presets.
Anyway, in 2016, my priority will be to present you the x64 versions of my favourite VSTs.

Xavier
Xavier, you have no idea how excited I am over this. I love your synths but they are so unstable on my 64 bit machine that I've had to uninstall them. This is the best news I could possibly want to hear.

Thank you SOOOOO much.
I totally agree... I installed the synths maybe 100 times, cos they are too good and had to remove them again and again, cos they were too unstable...

I really look forward and ther's a happy feeling jumping out of my heart!

:tu: TYTYTY! :tu:

Return to “Instruments”