Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Can i buy this now? i know it isnt released but i want to pay for it so i will get hands on it asap when released!!!

Can i buy this now? i know it isnt released but i want to pay for it so i will get hands on it asap when released!!! i want it

Coockie1176ln wrote:Can i buy this now? i know it isnt released but i want to pay for it so i will get hands on it asap when released!!! i want it
You can bid for it in this thread for now:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=470835

lvndr wrote:
Coockie1176ln wrote:Can i buy this now? i know it isnt released but i want to pay for it so i will get hands on it asap when released!!! i want it
I honestly don't understand why the bids for this synth are so high when they clearly said in this thread that the price would be under $200. I mean what's the incentive to go over what's already been bid?

wagtunes wrote:
lvndr wrote:
I honestly don't understand why the bids for this synth are so high when they clearly said in this thread that the price would be under $200. I mean what's the incentive to go over what's already been bid?
Generousity.... its for charity.

AnX wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
lvndr wrote:
Generousity.... its for charity.
I get that it's for charity but here is where I am at a loss. I did this last year as well. All the bids on every synth were under the retail price of the synth itself. In fact, the package I picked up from Linplug, included two synths that I really didn't care if I got or not but because they deal was so great, I figured "what the heck? It's for charity" and got Spectral, CRX4 and Morphox even though all I wanted was Spectral. But separately, I would have spent a lot more.

And that was consistent for every auction. This is the first time I've ever run into something like this, and for a synth that isn't even out yet.

I mean if the dev wants to give away money to charity, when I purchase my Avenger, at whatever the retail price is, he's more than welcome to send my purchase over to the charity as well. Nothing is stopping him.

I'm just not understanding the mind set on this particular synth when everything else is falling in line with the usual MO.

You can't understand something if you don't have it. So stop complaining about things you don't have.

I have asked Manuel to consider donating for the charity and he found it a great idea because he is generous. It was a success because people found it so valuable that they bid generously the same almost as the retail price.

EnGee wrote:You can't understand something if you don't have it. So stop complaining about things you don't have.

I have asked Manuel to consider donating for the charity and he found it a great idea because he is generous. It was a success because people found it so valuable that they bid generously the same almost as the retail price.
My wife and I give close to $10,000 a year to charity so I know all about generosity. I'm not condemning anybody or complaining about anybody spending more money on a synth than it's worth. All I said was I found it strange.

And with that, I am just going to drop this because I see where this is heading and I want no part of it, thank you.

My hat is off to all your generous people out there.

wagtunes wrote:when they clearly said in this thread that the price would be under $200.
Euros :wink:

balasco wrote:
wagtunes wrote:when they clearly said in this thread that the price would be under $200.
Euros :wink:
Ah, so $235 US. That makes a whole world of difference. Still time for me to sneak a bid in.

ok now I can make it public:

Avenger will NOT require a hardware dongle!

of course its risky and we had a lot of discussion here, but we decided to try out this option after sooo many people told us, they dont like dongles and even if a software gets cracked they still purchase originals, since they want to be honest, get support, updates etc.
I hope we wont get dissapointed with this decision. I can understand why a dongle can be a problem if you produce with laptops in aboard a train, on a plane etc...
I know some of you will be happy now :D

msvs wrote:ok now I can make it public:

of course its risky and we had a lot of discussion here, but we decided to try out this option after sooo many people told us, they dont like dongles and even if a software gets cracked they still purchase originals, since they want to be honest, get support, updates etc.
I hope we wont get dissapointed with this decision. I can understand why a dongle can be a problem if you produce with laptops in aboard a train, on a plane etc...
Thanks, so can you comment if it will be e-licenser (steinberg) software protection and one activation per license?
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Great decision, I think it will help to push Avenger to the #1 and the most anticipated synth releases in 2016.

You sir, are a legend! :tu:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Correct me if I'm wrong. With a dongle, in the case of a computer crash, you can just reinstall your system, reinstall the software, put the dongle back in your machine and you're back up and running just like that, correct?

With a soft license (I assume this actually resides on your computer) you have to contact the developer or go back to the site or do something to get your license back because it's now gone, correct?

So what am I missing here? I wish every one of my synths licenses were stored on a dongle so I wouldn't have to worry about this stuff.

Return to “Instruments”