MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (1.5 update available now)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MODO BASS 1

benjamind wrote:Now all we need to complete the collection is:

* Acoustic bass and upright bass
* Electric and acoustic guitars

As for drums, there are some fantastic drumkit instruments out there but physical models would be really nice if they sound authentic.

;)
Acoustic bass and guitar require a separate product. Why would IK need to do drums?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:Why would IK need to do drums?
In my opinion, for the same reason why every guitar amp simulator developer has at least one Mesa Recto. Every last one of them, except for TSE....yet.

So, was the teaser video all done with upcoming MODO products or it was just the bass?

xx JPRacer xx wrote:So, was the teaser video all done with upcoming MODO products or it was just the bass?
That's the eternal question...
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

The only information about "upcoming MODO products" we've provided is with regard to MODO BASS. We will share any news, demos, etc for other products when we have it, as we haven't released MODO BASS yet which is the focus at this time.

Just to be sure. Is the pre-order price valid until oct. 31 or until the release which you said to be around mid-November?

OK Peter you got me. i preordered. here comes three weeks of nervous waiting...

btw i really hope there's some new Amplitube and T-Racks stuff cooking and is about to be released.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

dbender wrote:

Auto hammer on/pull off?
I do see in the GUI pic for keyswitches Hammer On and Pull Off, but it's not clear how these work. How do these work? What exactly do they do, and how?

And also, does Modo have an auto hammer on/pull off function, which gets triggered when playing legato with a specified time overlap (as some other bass libraries do)?
The ability to trigger hammers with legato is a big deal for me - I use a midi guitar, a hammer-on on the guitar outputs as legato which most bass libraries use to trigger hammers; I don't have the luxury of real-time keyswitches.
I'm presuming each string is fully modelled? Can each string be assigned to a separate midi channel?

Same here, I use midi guitar too. And even with keyboard input, legato hammer on/pull offs are indispensable for realistic results.

A momentary hammer on/pull off keyswitch is good. BUT there should also be a button (that can be controlled by midi) and also a latching keyswitch too that lets you turn on or off legato hammer on/pull offs.

This is very important!

ArranD wrote:Can each string be assigned to a separate midi channel?
Very good and important question (in addition to the hammer on/pull off discussion)! (Are you listening Peter/IK??)

That's another very important thing for playing this thing (i.e., Modo) via midi guitar! If lil' ol' Orange Tree can do this, why can't the mighty IK?

Make it so!!

Signed,
a longtime IK customer contemplating whether to part with and give to IK yet even more of his hard-hard-earned and hard to come by cash

P.S. "The customer is always right!"
P.P.S. "Any marketer hoping to convince a customer prospect to give his money must in turn listen to what he wants and willingly will pay for. That results in more sales, and a happier customer base, which is essential for a business to survive."

Yes, midi guitar friendly settings and playability are a must for me as well...

xx JPRacer xx wrote:Just to be sure. Is the pre-order price valid until oct. 31 or until the release which you said to be around mid-November?
The pre-order price is valid until MODO BASS is released. I do not recall stating mid-November, I believe that was an estimate by another forum user not me. I have not supplied a date or estimate other than November that I recall. You will be safe beyond November 1st, though, that you can be sure of - just how far beyond I cannot tell you. I'll relay a suggestion about getting a solid date ASAP and when the ability demo will be available.

Also, with regard to other posts, I've stated multiple times that the suggestions are sent to the team and I'm doing that. I cannot guarantee what feature requests can be implemented at this stage of a product, but they are all taken seriously - if not for V1, potentially for future updates.

dbender wrote: P.S. "The customer is always right!"
P.P.S. "Any marketer hoping to convince a customer prospect to give his money must in turn listen to what he wants and willingly will pay for. That results in more sales, and a happier customer base, which is essential for a business to survive."
This was long time ago....welcome to the future :borg: :D
And i mean a lot companies these days.
Shareholders are the people to get pleased :hihi:

Cinebient wrote:
dbender wrote: P.S. "The customer is always right!"
This was long time ago....welcome to the future :borg: :D
And i mean a lot companies these days.
Shareholders are the people to get pleased :hihi:
As Ed McMahon used to say "You are correct, sir!"

BUT, shareholders want the companies they own shares in to be profitable and have high sales revenues. Sales revenues come from us, so we have to be more outspoken about what we'll pay for and demand in exchange for our money they want to get.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
xx JPRacer xx wrote:Just to be sure. Is the pre-order price valid until oct. 31 or until the release which you said to be around mid-November?
The pre-order price is valid until MODO BASS is released. I do not recall stating mid-November, I believe that was an estimate by another forum user not me. I have not supplied a date or estimate other than November that I recall. You will be safe beyond November 1st, though, that you can be sure of - just how far beyond I cannot tell you. I'll relay a suggestion about getting a solid date ASAP and when the ability demo will be available.
Just to clear things up - I was the one that "suggested" that the release could be mid November. Fitting for the Holiday market and prior to the sales craze.

I'm in no way affiliated with IK Multimedia (yet!) - I just went by a gut feeling (and certain experience with beta->release times)
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Return to “Instruments”