Celebrity Sightings, Without Intent

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ah fark, I started another thread. I tried not to. I promised myself I would cut down on starting threads. But I'm really curious. I like to ask questions.
This particular post at another thread inspired me to create this thread:
Hink wrote:
According to rock lore, Pink Floyd saw Syd Barrett for the last time on June 5th, 1975,

While it would be the last reunion for the five members of Pink Floyd, Roger Waters would have one final encounter.

"The last time I saw him was a couple of years after he turned up at the Wish You Were Here sessions," he told the Mirror in 2008. "I bumped into him in [British department store] Harrods
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... d-20160707

I was surprised to know that Roger Waters shops at Harrods. He must have used wigs and other means to disguise himself when he went shopping. He doesn't want to be bothered, I presume. It occurred to me that I have only seen one "celebrity" walking around, walking past me on the sidewalk. It was a former prime minister of Canada. No way you say. Way. One hundred percent sure it was him. No bodyguards at all. He was alone. I didn't speak to him. He just kept on walking and disappeared around the corner.

Sure, people go to rock concerts and see celebrities that way all the time but have you people ever seen celebrities without seeking them? If so, who?
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

I was on a flight the other day, and three local celebrities was on it too.

No wonder there was an extra passport control when we landed.

Similar to the above. ^ I woz going to the moon last week and the other people on the flight woz famous. I woz awe struck.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

The Roger Waters thing - probably not many Harrods shoppers like the Floyd?
My mum knew Max Bygraves - does that count? 8)

I've bumped into a couple of Dutch celebs you've never heard of in the wild. Celebrities are (or try to be) normal people as well, and they want to do their own shopping and do trips on their holidays. Nothing special really...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

I wish I'd randomly run into one of my numerous musical idols. But alas, the likelihood of that happening where I live is infinitesimal. :|
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

Oh, my life's been a complete celeb-fest :D

There was a weird one though, I was waiting for somebody in a Madrid hotel lobby when Meg Ryan went past with her entourage. Shortly afterwards a smaller bunch passed. I didn't recognise anybody but the porter told me it was King Juan Carlos.

BertKoor wrote:I've bumped into a couple of Dutch celebs you've never heard of in the wild. Celebrities are (or try to be) normal people as well, and they want to do their own shopping and do trips on their holidays. Nothing special really...
Hmmm so I guess I can take off the wig and sunglasses then.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Julia Roberts held the door for me when I exited a NYC coffee shop. I said thank you and she said you're welcome. Saw her a few times there.

i updated derrick may's address for verizon wireless.

can't remember her name (oh, heather locklear) big model in the eighties, dated motley crue's drummer. drove her out to the therapy place he was staying at. she told me i should smile more.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

so how does one sell a brit tea?
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”