UVI releases Synth Anthology 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Falcon UVI Workstation

SLiC wrote:I am getting CPU spikes (and audible clicks) when operating the filter (first patch for example). I am running in Falcon on an i7 4Ghz- don't have an issue with analogue patches/filter, just the filter on sample playback like Synth Anthology (I was expecting less CPU use than VA Falcon patches with samples!)

Its OK when set to a filter frequency, seems to be whilst moving.....

Tried in BWS and S1 3 - same in both (worst in S1)
Are you operating the filter using the GUI or using a modhweel to filter cutoff modulation.
I advise you to use the second possibility.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan wrote:@Numanoid I'm quitte surprised by your CPU usage though. Are you sure your three finger chord wasn't preceded by other three finger chords which was still in release ? Please tell me which patch so I can check on my end.
Thx
If you see my previous post, I get repeatable CPU spikes (and audible clicks) when opening and closing the filter with high resinence - ie the first patch. I ha e tried it in Falcon and Workstation

Performance is generally pretty poor in S1 3 for a sample based instrument (it uses more CPU than for example Ledgend, a full VA) not as bad in Live or BWS but I can still get the spikes if I open and close the filter quickly.

I am on win 10 x64 i7 4ghz with SSD and 16 meg ram, so don't normally have problems.

By the way, it sounds great ! Was just expecting lower CPU and no audible clicks on a largely sample based instrument
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

otristan wrote:
SLiC wrote:I am getting CPU spikes (and audible clicks) when operating the filter (f for example). I am running in Falcon on an i7 4Ghz- don't have an issue with analogue patches/filter, just the filter on sample playback like Synth Anthology (I was expecting less CPU use than VA Falcon patches with samples!)

Are you operating the filter using the GUI or using a modhweel to filter cutoff modulation.
Thank you

Is it a confirmed bug? I was mapping the filter to be controlled by DAW automation, I don't always want to play it live with a controler and am often on a laptop with no controler. The patches don't have the filter pre-mapped to the from memory.....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

The UI controls of filters done through the script is more CPU intensive than direct engine modulation
but it is mostly noticeable when there is lots of key zone controlled which is not the case in SA2 so It's quite surprising.

Will check this.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

Is it just me? I just opened it up in the standalone UVI Workstation, and on certain presets when I turn off the reverb on the FX section (click on "Sparkverb"), it doesn't actually switch off. One those presets is P5-5th Brass.

It shows the delay as being on (as well as Sparkverb and Drive), but it doesn't even sound like delay is on it, so I clicked on the FX at the top right to check it out, and the Delay is set to "Bypass".

It all seems to work right if you go into the FX tab of the Workstation and switch them on or off from there, but not on the main display.

EDIT: I just updated the UVI Workstation to 2.6.8 on my PC and now it works. I think I had 2.6.7.

I haven't tried it in Falcon yet.

SA2 indeed requires 2.6.8 otherwise Phasor is not loaded which shift the FX and explain your issue.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

otristan wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Good spotting, got the same error in UVI Workstation:

Couldn't load the file '$Synth Anthology II.ufs/Samples/4-FM and Formant/Flutes/KS8-FunnyPipe/...
Forwarded to our sound team.
Thanks for the report.
Hi Otristan - Do you know if the sound team have managed to investigate this issue yet ?

Examigan wrote:EDIT: I just updated the UVI Workstation to 2.6.8 on my PC and now it works. I think I had 2.6.7.
I thought it was impossible to load a UVI lib, if it requires a newer version of either the UVI Workstation or Falcon ?

mcbpete wrote:
otristan wrote:

Couldn't load the file '$Synth Anthology II.ufs/Samples/4-FM and Formant/Flutes/KS8-FunnyPipe/...
Thanks for the report.
Hi Otristan - Do you know if the sound team have managed to investigate this issue yet ?
This is fixed and a new version has been uploaded.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

Numanoid wrote:
Examigan wrote:EDIT: I just updated the UVI Workstation to 2.6.8 on my PC and now it works. I think I had 2.6.7.
I thought it was impossible to load a UVI lib, if it requires a newer version of either the UVI Workstation or Falcon ?
We have some script version but not preset version. We probably need to add one at some point.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

I will uploaded over the weekend a overview of the Synth Anthology 2 library ;)

Oliver: I would be great if it possible to select the sample content in the GUI. Like you have a preset 1 with a Minimoog but we can change the source and load another sampled synth. So it's easier to create new presets. Would be more flexible
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

otristan wrote:
mcbpete wrote:
otristan wrote:

Thanks for the report.
This is fixed and a new version has been uploaded.
Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnice :tu:

MillerSam wrote:I will uploaded over the weekend a overview of the Synth Anthology 2 library ;)

Oliver: I would be great if it possible to select the sample content in the GUI. Like you have a preset 1 with a Minimoog but we can change the source and load another sampled synth. So it's easier to create new presets. Would be more flexible
Not going to happen as the sampling is not always identical so this is not technically feasible.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

otristan wrote:
SLiC wrote:I am getting CPU spikes (and audible clicks) when operating the filter (first patch for example). I am running in Falcon on an i7 4Ghz- don't have an issue with analogue patches/filter, just the filter on sample playback like Synth Anthology (I was expecting less CPU use than VA Falcon patches with samples!)

Also get spikes/clicks when pressing after touch and start to get crackles with 3 note chords on the first patch- surely this cant be right, I can play Diva at high quality no problem on my i7?

It's the same with string machine and digital sensations- touch the filter and get crackles....so basically the GUI is unusable and you have to map it by design??

I get distortion when switching a patch in CAMEO or CS-M. This is still present in the latest version of Workstation 2.6.8 which I have just upgraded to

But luckily I don't get such distortion in SA II

Return to “Instruments”