skins for discoDSP's OB-Xd synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Carbonflake wrote:I widened the buttons and made the LEDs less red in the center. Hope it suits everyone.
The link is the same as above > link

And to add audio pleasure to visual one, I'm also in the process of making a free bank for OB-Xd.

The label font is too big, some are not even centered. Apart from that its ok.

How about this? (it took me 3 hours straight)
I want to allow myself a few days to tweak it if necessary before I share it.

Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Carbonflake wrote:I widened the buttons and made the LEDs less red in the center. Hope it suits everyone.
The link is the same as above > link

And to add audio pleasure to visual one, I'm also in the process of making a free bank for OB-Xd.

Just a small note. Shouldn't the section labeled Master be labeled Filter?
Fernando (FMR)

Carbonflake wrote:How about this? (it took me 3 hours straight)

I actually think you are on to something here and you are pulling together the best elements of all suggestions so far, but I'm going to be honest here and say that there something about that grey tone that is just not sitting right with me. Maybe try more of a charcoal, or even go the other way and make it cream color, or maybe even back to OBX blue. They grey color is too indecisive and it's really bugging me. :shrug:

Dasheesh wrote:
Carbonflake wrote:How about this? (it took me 3 hours straight)

I actually think you are on to something here and you are pulling together the best elements of all suggestions so far, but I'm going to be honest here and say that there something about that grey tone that is just not sitting right with me. Maybe try more of a charcoal, or even go the other way and make it cream color, or maybe even back to OBX blue. They grey color is too indecisive and it's really bugging me. :shrug:
I think he is trying to mimic the colour of the OB-X, which is more or less this grey.
Fernando (FMR)

Here's the final version of my skin, Seventynine.

After tweaking it for another hour this morning, I think I'm done with it. I'll leave it as it is unless there's something major that needs to be fixed. (The colours in the version above were not right. I use f.lux here and forgot to disable it when making the skin)
I'd rather concentrate on the free bank I'm making for this beauty.

Hope you like it and have fun with OB-Xd. Here's the download link > link

Any way to change the knobs? There's probably a .png file for these too I guess...

Carbonflake wrote:Here's the final version of my skin, Seventynine.

After tweaking it for another hour this morning, I think I'm done with it. I'll leave it as it is unless there's something major that needs to be fixed. (The colours in the version above were not right. I use f.lux here and forgot to disable it when making the skin)
I'd rather concentrate on the free bank I'm making for this beauty.

Hope you like it and have fun with OB-Xd. Here's the download link > link

That's better thanks!

I love being able to mix and match elements from the different UI's so easily.

I took the DavidF skin, modified the colors/contrast a bit, edited the buttons slightly, then took Carbonflake Legato/Voice text and made my own skin. I won't share this since all I did was edit other people's work (and didn't even spend much time doing it).
OB-Xd.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thank for your nice comments.
In fact, I've "fixed" the legato and voices display. They should have been brought together from the start.
The download link hasn't changed.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:I love being able to mix and match elements from the different UI's so easily.
Nicely done, the lighting is much as it would be here,
if I had the hardware itself.

ZebraCM had a backdround .png that I brightened up a bit,
it's nice when such things are available to the users.
Cheers

Another main.png for the classic skin:

Last edited by studio4 on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image

studio4 wrote:Another main.png for the classic skin:

That's pretty. :hihi: I keep having to replace my skin. :clap:

^^where's the download link?

Dasheesh wrote:^^where's the download link?
You don't need one. Just save the second image and replace the main.png with it.

Return to “Instruments”