Character pre/eq plugs + iZotope question

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Can you pin me on some preamp or eq (not saturators or compressors) with an obvious character? I mean, something even a non audiophile is going to spot. Not only colored but also the one that makes things super trasparent when they aren't.

iZotope: I have checked ozone, rx, neutron, alloy.
For the mix/mastering side is there something else to check? Insight, trash etc?
I ask because I make a little mess on their website on getting a clear overview and I don't know if I am missing something.

I've used soundtoys with favorable results.

The Nebula Acquavox is pretty colorful, though I'm not personally a fan of this particular sound.

Shattered Glass Audio's Code Red is a great eq/preamp modeled after one of the REDD consoles, and has loads of character. Watch your low end though, that thing will get pretty gnarly if you feed it tons of bass.

Both are free.

But I'm not sure I understand; you want something that's both colorful and super-transparent at the same time?

MH Character is really great for this. SDRR to if you don't hammer the input, ditto Reelbus :) There's some good options for ya.

funky lime wrote:
Shattered Glass Audio's Code Red is a great eq/preamp modeled after one of the REDD consoles, and has loads of character. Watch your low end though, that thing will get pretty gnarly if you feed it tons of bass.
+1 It is very nice, especially as it has a master wet /dry out control. But yeah, watch the bass, especially if you turn on its low-end "bump" switch.

Also, look at Stillwell's Vibe EQ.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Any thoughts on PSP Master Q2? It's on sale now for $39. Sounds like it's pretty versatile with the optional harmonic generation/saturation (can be turned off/on) and it seems to get great reviews.
http://pspaudioware.com/plugins/equaliz ... _masterq2/

I really like MasterQ2!! Though I have to admit I haven't used it much since purchasing Pro-Q2 - but you're right it does harmonics, limiting and some other quirky stuff. Buy with confidence - but keep in mind it's not really CPU friendly enough to use in mixing, atleast in my experience.

Test the Burnley 73 EQ by Sominus. The line amp dials in beautiful saturation, from transpatent to toast! Light on the CPU circuit modelled EQ. IMO this EQ replaces most saturation plugins.

--------------------------
Thank you for the character colored part.

Can you know tell me trasparent-character ones pls?

:? DMG Equilibrium is clean without any saturation, the character comes from genius of Dave Gambles filter design - known as the DMG filters plus every other EQ filter. You could also demo Eiosis Air EQ (Fire & Water curves) by the gifted Fabrice Gabriel.

Return to “Effects”