Heads up: Izotope Iris 2 on sale right now at $49

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For those who missed the sale: audiocomputergear are selling still a few for $49 on ebay. :tu:
PS. If you were about to buy but you didn't don't wait to long anymore.. :D
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

I asked Izotope if there were any plans to fix some of the bugs in Iris 2 and this is their response:

"Hello,

Thanks for contacting iZotope Customer Care!
At the moment there are no planned updates for iris 2 as far as we know.
To stay up to date on the latest news on product updates please subscribe to our news letter below.
https://www.izotope.com/en/company/newsletters.html
Additionally, you can always check out Product News section of our site as well for the latest announces regarding product updates and releases.
https://www.izotope.com/en/community/bl ... -news.html
Thanks for your patience!

Sincerely,
Lars"

I don't get it, but just wanted to pass on the info...

If izotope actually gave a crap about Iris 2, I would have definitely purchased the upgrade from Iris 1. Unfortunately, they seem content just holding their wallets open and doing nothing. A pathetic end to an otherwise great product idea.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

anxiousmofo wrote:If izotope actually gave a crap about Iris 2, I would have definitely purchased the upgrade from Iris 1. Unfortunately, they seem content just holding their wallets open and doing nothing. A pathetic end to an otherwise great product idea.
I know! What gives? maybe their sales numbers aren't high enough...

Well at this point would love to put some pressure on them as they keep selling it (I bought it) the way it is.
Why don't we collect a bunch of signatures on a kind of mini-petition and writing down clearly at least the effective bugs, ask them to show respect to users and fix asap? A thing is not abandoned "per se", it's abandoned if one wants to abandon it...so things can change and Iris 2 it's an awesome synth.
All this even more as they actually keep selling it.
After, all this, kindly, could be spread through some nice known blog places...and create some more "butterfly effect" ( I think about bedroomproducerblog or rekkerd for example...)
Who agree around here and is able to write down a nice bunch of paragraphs to after use to collect signatures and then send to iZotope?
My English is limited as I am not a native speaker..

Diego_C wrote:Well at this point would love to put some pressure on them as they keep selling it (I bought it) the way it is.
Why don't we collect a bunch of signatures on a kind of mini-petition and writing down clearly at least the effective bugs, ask them to show respect to users and fix asap? A thing is not abandoned "per se", it's abandoned if one wants to abandon it...so things can change and Iris 2 it's an awesome synth.
All this even more as they actually keep selling it.
After, all this, kindly, could be spread through some nice known blog places...and create some more "butterfly effect" ( I think about bedroomproducerblog or rekkerd for example...)
Who agree around here and is able to write down a nice bunch of paragraphs to after use to collect signatures and then send to iZotope?
My English is limited as I am not a native speaker..
Forget it, I listed all the bugs numerous times in the main Iris 2 thread, I worked with the iZotope support for months after the release to fix the bugs, they then released one hotfix, stopped communicating (with me and here on KVR) and nothing happened ever since (apart from an upgrade due to Mac OS change to El Cap), they know about the bugs but have abandoned the development, period.

So as they keep selling it this shows a dishonest attitude. Our money are taken fully in exchange of a partially working product.
However, I'm not someone that takes things as unchangeable. Will see. Tnx

Diego_C wrote:So as they keep selling it this shows a dishonest attitude. Our money are taken fully in exchange of a partially working product.
Well it's definitely worth 49 bucks and more, as most informed audiophile people know about the Iris tale, it's an open secret that development has been abandoned, I mean they even admit it in e-mails to potential customers, so I wouldn't call it dishonest, just lame. And of course you can write e-mails to their customer support until the sun goes down, I was just giving some advice, don't waste your time, enjoy the instrument for what it is in it's current state or just forget about it.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Diego_C wrote:So as they keep selling it this shows a dishonest attitude. Our money are taken fully in exchange of a partially working product.
Well it's definitely worth 49 bucks and more, as most informed audiophile people know about the Iris tale, it's an open secret that development has been abandoned, I mean they even admit it in e-mails to potential customers, so I wouldn't call it dishonest, just lame. And of course you can write e-mails to their customer support until the sun goes down, I was just giving some advice, don't waste your time, enjoy the instrument for what it is in it's current state or just forget about it.
good advice I believe!!

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Simon, I kinda agree with you, in fact I actually don't want any refund and will keep using it learning about it as it is. It's just a pity that actually they don't care to fix at least those 3-4 main bugs, even if after they wouldn't develop it further. The synth is really nice, as the concept behind it, and one has a deep "meh" feeling regarding the bugs not being cared about anymore... As said specially for such a nice instrument...Anyway...ok, life goes on and will avoid to use the broken features ;-)

anxiousmofo wrote:If izotope actually gave a crap about Iris 2, I would have definitely purchased the upgrade from Iris 1. Unfortunately, they seem content just holding their wallets open and doing nothing. A pathetic end to an otherwise great product idea.
Agreed.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Abandoned? Maybe. But for 40€ I'm willing to forgive that and make some ethereal soundscapes with it that sound interesting even if the same note/chord is played for 10 minutes :D

Oh my word... I think a person could spend two entire lifetimes creating on this bad boy!!! WOW :D
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

As much as I enjoy Iris, and Break Tweaker, and Ozone, I must say there does seem to be a rather bizarre attitude with Izotope in developing pretty wonderful software, then rather quickly abandoning it, save for Ozone (their bread and butter, I suppose)!

I definitely don't get it! Ozone is fantastic, but way overpriced, IMO. And Break Tweaker is amazing, especially if you think a little outside-the-box with it, but it's desperately in need of better CPU optimization! And I'm very impressed with how well Iris 2 is thought out and executed, and yet the many bugs remain. And Izotope once again moves on, basically refusing to clean up the code, and thereby creating more impressive abandonware!

I can only assume their focus is on immediate sales figures, and when the graphs drop, so do they - scrapping any further development. It mystifies me! And that gives me little respect for a company that otherwise appears to create high quality and innovative products!?!

No bugs for you?

Return to “Instruments”