Any love for Fabfilter Twin 2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Twin 3

It's ok, but Nexus 2 kills it.

Sorry, I just had to throw a stereotypical irrational comparison in here for shits and giggles. :hihi:
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

hivkorn wrote:I had it in the past , it was my favorite synth.
Their price was right 10 year ago , but now it is overpriced.
If fabfilter price it something like 60$ i would buy it again , but not at the actual price.
:hihi:

http://auriaapp.com/Products/auria

Auria Pro runs on a decent ipad & comes with FabFilter One and Twin2 -

Currently $50 - 1c

goldenanalog wrote:
hivkorn wrote:I had it in the past , it was my favorite synth.
Their price was right 10 year ago , but now it is overpriced.
If fabfilter price it something like 60$ i would buy it again , but not at the actual price.
:hihi:

http://auriaapp.com/Products/auria

Auria Pro runs on a decent ipad & comes with FabFilter One and Twin2 -

Currently $50 - 1c

Looks nice. :party:

Dasheesh wrote:It was one of the first musical software apps you could buy on the mac store at one time and I don't remember the exact price but I chat you not it was like 30$
Y'know, I remember that... I was peeved because they only had the mac version (understandably... :))

GaryG wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:It was one of the first musical software apps you could buy on the mac store at one time and I don't remember the exact price but I chat you not it was like 30$
Y'know, I remember that... I was peeved because they only had the mac version (understandably... :))

Sometime around the release of the iPad 1. I actually had my finger on the buy button several times because I was looking into trying out a software app on this "revolutionary device". I wound up getting the NLOG (the same developer of the Nave for waldorf), the sunrizer, and some apps from this yonac guy (a drum machine). There was also this very good sounding synthesizer that was based off an arp, that only had a simple oscillator and filter and envelope, but sounded amazing. It pretty much set a standard for how to play an iPad. I forget the name of it, but it disappeared. It was a blast getting in on the experimental days.

It has crazy modulación options in fact, but I feel it needs more options in oscilators and filters. Wavetables would be welcomed for v3.
dedication to flying

I have it, but don't use it much. It sounds like a reluctant synth, and does not want to have any fun at all. I struggle to get any punch and clarity out of it. It's a lazy synth. You want to encourage it, but it wouldn't cooperate.

I keep forgetting I own Twin 2. I seem to remember it being very fiddly to program. :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Dasheesh wrote:It's gorgeous, I remember when it was hell'a cheap and on the mac store though. Can't justify the price with the minimal feature set.
Features such as like LFO and envelope routing to anywhere being very very rare even from so many new synths now, feature set is not so minimal I think.

But features are maybe big for the wrong areas?
So much flexibility and depth with modulation, so little with oscillators and filters.

Aloysius wrote:Bought it. Sold it. Bought it again. There's something not quite right about the sound. I don't know what it is but I still never use it.
Yes, same here. I remember reading all that praise and thought, wtf, what am I doing wrong, I don't hear great sound. To the contrary, there was a lot of aliasing.
The user interface, well, one has to get used to it. But to me it was not worth it, most modern quality synths blow Twin 2 out of the water.

Zookes wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:It's gorgeous, I remember when it was hell'a cheap and on the mac store though. Can't justify the price with the minimal feature set.
Features such as like LFO and envelope routing to anywhere being very very rare even from so many new synths now, feature set is not so minimal I think.

But features are maybe big for the wrong areas?
So much flexibility and depth with modulation, so little with oscillators and filters.

This.

I owned it for years, and actually liked the sound of it, but it was the one FabFilter product that I never gelled with. The UI/workflow just didn't jive with me for sound design. I would like to see an updated version as well, which reminds me,...wth are those guys up to these days anyway? Hmmmm....
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

^^agree with the above sentiments. With the amount of presets and the broad range of them, I found it unnecessary to design much of anything with it that was not already covered.

It's Great for those who want to pick a sound and play.

Inspired by this thread I spent a couple of hours today with Twin 2 for the first time in quite awhile. It is capable of some very impressive sounds but the interface "fights" me or so it seems. I find it very fiddly to program. I'd rather have static tabs than sections that have to be opened and closed or scrolled all the time. Still it's a nice synth although not capable of a huge range of sounds due to the set number of Waveforms but what it does it does well. Fabfilter made their reputation on Filters and while the ones in Twin 2 are not the most modern they do still stand up well to other developer's filters. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

When FabFilter released Twin 2 back in 2009, I guess their design was made as such because of the low res screens back then.

Now 7 years later, most users are on screens that mean one doesn't need to minimize a process in the GUI to be able to see other processes

So for Twin 3, to have an option where all options are available to see on the screen at the same time, is a must

Return to “Instruments”